“no return”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Tudy
Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Tudy
Truro, United Kingdom
“no return”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter booked this easter break for myself, her and 2 boys aged 5 and 1. (As a mothers day gift to me). As soon as we entered the chalet I was so shocked to see the state of the furniture etc.The bed settee was extremely old and dangerous, my 2 grandsons fell on the metal back and hurt their backs. The dining chair seats were not attached to the chairs. The cooker was rusty and 2 rings and grill not working, the bedding was damp
I know it was very cold on Easter weekend, but to put £15 in the electicity
meter in 24 hours is ridiculous

I need to have a oxygen concentrater on all night, but on the first night there the meter ran out this was very distressing till we got some more coins put in.
We had 3 heaters on but still had to ask for blankets to keep us all warm while watching tv. We boiled the kettle for water to wash up dishes as it was too expensive to have the immersion heater on.
All in all it was a disastrous Easter break. We were so cold and fed up that we only stayed 2 nights. As soon as we got in the car were it was warm again it seemed the nightmare was over.
I must say that the staff were very nice but I think they were embarrassed with the situations when they were confronted by unhappy holiday makers.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights during the Easter holidays. It was by far the worst place we have EVER stayed in!

By far the biggest issue was the heating. There is one small electric heater to head the entire kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom and another to heat the master bedroom. The twin bedroom has no heating whatsoever, so if we had had children we would gave been forced to leave. As a result this was by far the coldest place we have ever stayed in. We had to pile all of the blankets around us at all times and even had to have a duvet and coats on us while we sat and ate breakfast. (This was after the heaters had been on all night) If we had had children we would have had to have of because there isn't even a heater in the twin room. This is just not acceptable and they should not be excepting bookings in April if they cannot provide adequate heating facilities.

Secondly, the beds were of such a poor quality that we were literally unable to sleep on them. On the first night we had to move onto the floor at 3am and slept on the floor in the living room (also due to heat) for the remainder of the holiday.

My next issue was with the cleanliness and general decor. I have taken photographic evidence to support this claim from the disgusting state of the floor to the general lack of care, there are places peeling and the cabins are in a general state of poor repair. The toaster was broken and did not work, the cooker was filthy and unusable. There is no sofa, only a sofa bed with no arms which is practically impossible to use as a sofa as it slips from under you and is very uncomfortable. The tv satellite only worked occasionally. There was no shower curtain on the shower, therefore rendering it unusable and as the water refused to get hot enough for a bath, we were unable to bathe for 5 days.

The swimming pool is practically unusable as you then have to walk (soaking wet in April) across a courtyard to get into the changing facilities. Again, unless one wanted to catch pneumonia, this is totally unacceptable.

The entertainment was poor, with the illusionist act only lasting minutes.

All in all a complete disaster- stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Book in another resort!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberleyanddarren

Travelers are raving about these Saint Tudy hotels

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked a cheap holiday here for Easter 2013, second week of school Easter break. Luckily we didn't have any children with us. The chalet we were given (No. 44) had one convector heater in the main room, which was a huge space to heat on such a small heater, and one similar in the main bedroom. There was no heater in the twin room (where children would have been expected to sleep??!). The coin metre ate £coins - £4 from 8pm to 8am, I dread to think of the cost during the day.
WE LEFT THE DAY AFTER ARRIVING. I had booked for 4 nights, but couldn't stay any longer than one, we tried to fill a bath, which filled only to about 5 inches with TEPID water, which was not enough to warm up with, which we needed after a night of being frozen. I went to reception and checked our options - they gave us the opportunity to upgrade, but at additional cost. The new room would have had more heaters, and a shower, rather than just a bath, but was also a bigger space to heat. We decided to cut our losses and pay to go to a different resort, 4 minutes down the road Hengar Manor (which is brilliant!!)

In fairness to Michaelstow, the staff were lovely and very understanding. They even transferred most of our money back to Hoseasons, through whom we booked, so that we could use it to part pay for the new place.

Room Tip: My tip to choosing a good room, is to choose another resort. I heartily recommend Hengar Manor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luke J
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am 9 year old who has been brought up to appreciate the little things in life but how can you appreciate a cold, damp, miserable dump. The place smelt of wet dog and cement and the staff were odd. The park was unsafe for little people and the pool was manky and you had to walk outside to the changing room! The kids entertainment was ok but cold. Over all the highlight of my trip was watching corrie when the TV turned off (that dosent happen anywhere else) no way would I go back. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Loz2003
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived on the 1st day of opening to what I can only describe as an absolute toilet!!!
Check in - a smell so bad hits u as soon as u enter reception chip fat stale and damp.
Bar/lounge - freezing cold and rip off prices!
Food- u would not eat here as it smelt like they were using last years chip fat
Pool- I'm not sure who would let their children in there as it was scummy, cold and uninviting! A pool with a garden shed over it!!
Shop- they sell Pepsi from a bulk supply and sell it individually- I'm sure this is illegal.
Amusements- not sure if the family that own this place no what that means!!
Chalet- so bad we had no choice but to leave early it was cold damp smelly rotten- once I used the toilet and it came up in the bath! We had to drive to bude to have a shower at a clean pool!
We just wanted a cheap break in clean simple accommodation and I would never go there again even if it was free??
Should be shut down
Avoid !!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Paullipscombe
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

well what can i say! awful just bloody awful! horrifying! upon arrival we found that someone had already checked in and was already leaving saying the room was not suitable for them! What a good impression this was! we thought thou we will look around and see whats about but oh dear dear me! even worse! club house stunk to high hell off damp and dirty! woman on the receoption to be honest looked and acted a freak!! we looked at the pool and it was filthy rather swim in a lake! apartments were awful! old worn out smelly and trampy! i have a bigger arcade in my boys bedroom at home! so we got straight back in the car before we caught something and drove to brean and had a lovely time in a clean and safe environment for my children!!
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF GOING THERE AGAIN OR WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY GAVE ONE STAR CAUSE I HAD TO OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE NOTHING!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 194natashah
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Easter 2013. My wife and I stayed nights here at Michaelstowe Manor. We couldn't have asked for more, it was cheap and cheerful.
It was one of the coldest Easters on record, so we had heating in the chalet. Yes it was £1 in the coin meter, but so what, the booking was cheap so we were really prepared for this.
So in response to those complain pining about the cold, erm blame the whether!!! Not the site.

We had a great 3 days, and we had no light in the bedroom, however on visiting reception this was rectified the first time.

The entertainment, especially Matricks magic, was phenomenal, if you want to see a great magic show then check when these are on and go and see them!! Incredible.
Alex and Emily the son and daughter of the owners, and the entertainers at the site, were outstanding.
The staff were all incredibly helpful, and the meal we had was good.

I can and will suggest to anyone who is looking for a cheap and cheerful holiday to get on down to Michaelstowe Manor. It's cheap, cheerful and great if you want a little break.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club
St Benet's Abbey
St Benet's Abbey
#1 of 1 in Lanivet

Been to Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park? Share your experiences!