“Great B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kayakoy
New Zealand
“Great B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had a nice 2 night stay at Villa Rhapsody. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. They picked us up from the bus in Fethiye which was wonderful as it it's not so easy to get to when you first arrive and don't know where to go. The setting is idealic and the grounds beautiful. My daughter and I have food allergies and they went out of there way to make sure we could eat something. We stayed in for dinner one evening and the food is wonderful. The pool is very welcome in the heat when needing to cool down. We found it easy to get around by bus as the stop is at the gate. Villa Rhapsody is more of a B&B than a hotel as you are staying in the hosts home so are in closer daily contact with the hosts and their friends who pop by for visits often. The location wasn't as quiet as I had expected as their are many annoying 4 wheeler bikes going past all day and the hosts dog had bouts of barking while we were there. The beds are very short. My husband and I are of average hieght and our feet were over the hard end of the bed so this didn't allow for a great sleep. The bathrooms were a bit of a challenge as they are very small but for the price you pay to stay here its not a major problem. There a lovely authentic Restaurants in the area and the local barber is a must visit even if you just want a maasage! If you are looking at staying at a B&B rather than a hotel then this is a good option.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiwi07

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in late July, the last of 3 stops on the coast, including Kas and Cirali. The hotel came recommended to me by a trip advisor expert, and it was a truly memorable stay. Jeanne and Atilla made wonderful hosts. As we were driving up trying to find it, my wife spotted the grounds and hotel and said "I hope that's it" and it was. The whole village was an incredible surprise once we reached the summit coming up from Fethiye. Atilla was extremely gracious and the food was truly remarkable. It was the most western of the food we had on the coast, with eggs and sausage for breakfast and lamb chops, chicken kabob and fresh vegetables at night, along with some great Turkish wine. The local beach, Getmiller (sp?) was my favorite beach on the whole coast, just because it was so small, quaint and uncrowded. Just a short 10 minute drive to the beach, or by dolmus. Also visited Oolundez Beach from here. Touring the Greek ghost town was also a nice way to spend some time, be sure to see the church. The house, gardens, pool and poolside bar are very pretty and very well maintained. I would love to have stayed for a week!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ketel_up
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

The Villa Rhapsody was by far the friendliest and most welcoming place I have ever stayed in all of my world travels! My partner and I stayed at the Villa Rhapsody with the lovely Jeanne and Atilla near the end of July 2011 for a few days. We choose this place because we wanted to be close to the beaches, the lycian way, and the ghost town but away from the 'beach party scene', and because we had read the wonderful reviews. Staying at the Villa Rhapsody exceeded our expectations and the moment we left, we missed the beautiful gardens, amazing food (best food we had in all of Turkey), relaxing and incredibly welcoming atmosphere. We wished we had planned to stay longer (you will want to stay longer than 3 days!), would go back in an instant, and would recommend the place to anyone. Staying at the Villa Rhapsody was a truly unique experience that we will remember for the rest of our lives. The location was perfect for someone looking to stay away from the summer crowds. You can walk to the old ghost town, explore the little mountain village, hike the beautiful lycian way to the blue lagoon and Olu Deniz or take a short bus ride to a beach or Fethiye. Atilla was so helpful in suggesting and setting up boat trips and activities. It was lovely to interact with the other guests, as well as the Rhapsody staff and family. It was a Turkish paradise! Thank you so much Jeanne and Atilla, we will be talking about you and your amazing little hotel for years and years to come. I have traveled in over 10 different countries and never found hospitality like this!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grottogirl
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We spent 2 weeks traveling through Turkey and Villa Rhapsody was the best place we stayed. Very comfortable, beautiful gardens and excellent food. The location is great, near the beach and Kayakoy, and the hosts went above and beyond to make our stay special.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank suffrock
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I love Villa Rhapsody…for me, it’s absolutely perfect! I first stayed there in 2009, and just recently returned from my second visit. Jeanne and Atilla are amazing hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms in this family-owned hotel are immaculate, the grounds are gorgeous, and the meals prepared by Jeanne are delicious beyond description. There is a lovely pool around which meals are served in warm weather, and in cooler weather meals are served in a glassed-in area with a fireplace. The poolside bar is quite large and is a wonderfully fun meeting place for all the guests. But what makes this place so exceptional are Jeanne and Atilla. When you stay at Villa Rhapsody you feel like you’ve come home, and I can’t wait to return!

Villa Rhapsody is located in the lovely Kaya valley, and it’s the perfect place to base yourself if you want to easily take day trips to surrounding areas. Fethiye, which can be reached via a very short dolmus drive, is a vibrant, beautiful seaside city chock full of activities that I’m only just discovering and I love it. Hisaronu and OluDeniz are also reachable via very short dolmus rides. I made the mistake on both of my visits of only spending three nights at Villa Rhapsody, but I won’t make that mistake again. Three nights is better than no nights, but because of its great location and easy access to Fethiye and other surrounding areas Villa Rhapsody would be a great place to spend a week or two, as there is so much to see and do in the area!

While there is no beach in Kayakoy itself, if you’re interest in beaches it’s only a short ride to lovely Calais beach. Or hop a dolmus to the beautiful beaches at OluDeniz, they’re spectacular and you can go paragliding as well! If beaches aren’t your thing, take a boat to Gocek, which is a very lovely village known for its yachting harbor. Check out the gorgeous yachts and have a great meal at one of the numerous restaurants there.

I could go on and on about how wonderful and how perfectly located Villa Rhapsody is, and what fabulous hosts Jeanne and Atilla are, but this isn't a novel so I’ll stop now in the hopes that you’ll visit Villa Rhapsody and see for yourself. You’ll definitely have a vacation worth remembering, and if you’re anything like me you’ll most likely want to return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank osumom311
Solihull England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We are soon to go on our 5th visit to Rhapsody - which says it all. We are confirmed holidaymakers, going away almost monthly from weekends in UK to holidays in Middle & Far East but Rhapsody is the only hotel we have ever revisited. It is in a small village in a very rural area so if you want nightclubs & discos do not go but if you like excellent food either in the Villa or local restaurants then it could be the place for you.
The area is perfect for walking both short strolls and harder hikes and if you are walking along the road the dolmus drivers will slow down to see if you want to be picked up.
The rooms are very comfortable, OK they are not 5 star luxury but the hospitality and food cannot be beaten.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Midlander_10
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was a truly wonderful place with hosts that could not have been more friendly or accommodating. The hotel owners helped immensely with travel/leisure arrangements, provided great conversation, and served a tasty breakfast and outstanding multi-course dinner. This place is a bit off the beaten path in a good way and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends or family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mckenzie27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kayakoy
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites
#1 of 102 in Fethiye
Beyaz Yunus Hotel
Beyaz Yunus Hotel
#17 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Villa Rhapsody? Share your experiences!