“Too many dogs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muzzy's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kayakoy
Muzzy's Place
Ranked #1 of 7 Kayakoy B&B and Inns
Berks, UK
“Too many dogs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a brilliant meal at Muzzy's. The best chicken shish my husband had all holiday. And I had a lovely grilled sea bream. A complimentary plate of fruit and icecream was a nice touch at the end of the meal.

The only thing that has stopped me giving it a 5 is that there were too many dogs worrying us when we were eating. We explained that we did not like it and they tried to call them away but those dogs had a mind of their own. It did stop us returning which was a shame as the food was so good.

How about tying them up when people are in the restaurant?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter&Sue

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Staffs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I stayed at Muzzys Place for 4 nights before picking up the keys to our villa at the beginning of August last year. I'd have to say that the previous post must have been an off day for Mustafa (Muzzy) and his team! For a very reasonably priced hotel in a great setting in the heart of Kayakoy village, we didn't experience any of these problems and thought it was great value. That good that we've booked in again this July for a long weekend . Our rooms were clean, the staff were very friendly and I'd particularly like to thank Muzzy for his exceptional hospitality. Some of the staff did speak in broken English but I'd have to say we were in their country and their English was better than my Turkish! With my limited Turkish vocabulary I did try and speak Turkish with them, and in doing so I found them all to be jovial and friendly with myself and my family. In fact, the bar/restaurant staff were great with my two sons aged 6 and 12 - to the extent that when we did move into our villa my eldest son would regualrly walk back to Muzzys to see them. I'm not fluent enough in Turkish to have picked up on whether they were swearing amongst themselves during their conversations - if I was, I can't see why there would have been a problem with them understanding my needs as mentioned in the previous post!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

We visited Muzzy's Place in October for a couple of hours, whilst on an excursion. Superb buffet lunch in a beautifully tranquil setting. Muzzy and his staff were wonderful, and showed us around the hotel. The rooms were large, homely and exceptionally clean. Want to spend a few days here on our next trip to Turkey just chilling.

Room Tip: Somewhere to stay if you just want to chill out and relax away from the busy resorts
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Blyth, Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Although we stay in Ovacik we visited Muzzy's for the third year in a row and have to say it is a wonderfully relaxing place to spend the day!

The Staff are so friendly, Ural was great and made our days down there even better with all the great advice he gave us! He has lived in Kaya Koy all his life!

The pool is clean with a shallow area with a couple of little slides for the young ones and more than enough sunbeds to go round!

We had a look around one of the rooms and for the price they are a bargain and we will be looking at staying down there in 2013!

I went up to the highest chapel in Kaya Koy, scrambling through the pine trees and rocks! It was a site to behold with great views of St Nicholas Island, Cold Water Bay, Camel Island and part of Olu Deniz to one side and Kaya Koy on the other! On returning to Muzzy's he let me use one of his rooms for a shower! (Where would you get a service like that in England).

We all stayed for tea and the food was lovely, with free Balon bread cooked in the special oven with side dishes of Chile Sauce and Garlic Bread! I had Muzzy;s special and this was amazing!

Muzzy came and picked us up from our Hotel and returned us back at the end of the evening! (Thanks for that Mustapha)!

Room Tip: For a great chilled out Day Muzzy's Place is where to go!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

We were recommended this place by friends. Kayakoy is stunning and on of the highlights of our trip, the views from our room were lovely. Don't be put off by the roadside heckling from muzzy, he was the most welcoming and friendly host. The other staff couldn't have been more helpful, they even brought up our breakfast for us to enjoy on the balcony. The meals we had there were absolutely delicious and the indoor restaurant was a really romantic with it's open fires. A great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Littlesarahm
Uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night with Explore Lycian Way tour. Rooms spacious and clean. Staff friendly and typical Turkish breakfast was good.
Interesting deserted Greek village across the road. Great for an early morning walk before breakfast.
Pool was empty as it was early in the season.

• Stayed April 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Brilliant hotel, rooms are great, food is great, spotless, well maintained, staff very helpful especially with the massages LOL!!!!!!!!!!Transport to and from the town complete with stero system!!!! Muzzy and his staff take really good care of you!!!! Just lay back and enjoy the massage from hands on Charlie!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple