TripAdvisor
Harderwijk
Post
Inbox
Search

“again for the 3. time, fantastic..”

Restaurant Basiliek
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

8 couses incl. wine menu, fabulous taste, great wines, great people.

It takes all evening, but you'll be astonished. All included menu for 165€ they are going to get a star more this year

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (220)

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Dinner at the Basiliek. WOW! What an amazing experience. Pricey, but worth it. Excellent food and very friendly, well organized staff. When in Harderwijk, definitely worth an evening at the Basiliek.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

I really don’t know were I should start.
My mother and I had an wonderful evening.
It begins with the very nice young man who welcomed us at the front door and brought us to our table.
I think we’ve got the best table at the restaurant, right near the kitchen. I’m a chef by myself and it was very interesting to have a little look into the kitchen and watch these young chefs who cooks with joy and passion our dishes. We recognized that every single member of the stuff was so friendly and you could feel the passion for what they are doing. And we were very impressed by the fact that the owner by herself worked as a part of her stuff, by serving dishes, drinks or takes the orders. She and her team was an perfectly well-rehearsed team.
We’ve had a four course menu and every single course was a little explosion of different tastes. You can feel the love and the passion behind every dish.
My mother told me later that this restaurant is know one of her favorite in years.
(Since 4 years we go every year on vacation and try Michelin star restaurants in different cities / countries)
I could write much more but you all have to try it by yourself.
So all I can say is THANK YOU for one of our best dinner nights in years.
We would love to come back and hopefully we have the pleasure to meet the head chef in person.
(We were there at 7/20/2019)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Went with high expectations as this is a michelin star restaurant. Appetizers were ok-ish but not to special. Only the first course, trout, was good; then it went downhill. We could do it ourselves better. Service was totally unpersonal, extremely speeding explanations of food and drinks with not personal touch what so ever. By far not star worthy. Our lunch at a regular restaurant in elburg was much better

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Miggro
Reviewed March 31, 2019

We had our first experience in this Michelin-star restaurant and to be honest we liked the food quite a bit. Service is also excellent and the place is very nice and cozy. However, we were disappointed with a few things. Fist of all, the cheapest wine in the list is still very expensive (and not that great anyhow), so that you end up paying a lot more of what you should for the overall value. Secondly, at the beginning of the dinner the waiter brings some small appetisers as a starting gift from the kitchen and together with it a set of bottles from which he invites you to choose, totally giving the impression that this will also be a gift. However we had 30 euros added to our final bill for two glasses of wine that we were sort of induced to have!!!
All-in-all it was a pleasant experience, but I think they should be more honest and don't have these little tricks to pimp your bill so much and quality/price ratio will make us think twice before going there again.

Date of visit: March 2019