“Badger”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Badger”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice day tours with a guide that really knows the birds in his surrounding and a guy with a great amount of humour.

Visited October 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to see the birds”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful day bird watching with Stephen. He certainly knows his birds and where to find them. He is also an experienced and capable tour leader. Unfortunately it was a very windy day and not great for bird watching but we still saw a lot including a Griffon vulture in its lair feeding its baby.
Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
YORK
“Good birding”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We asked Stephen Daly to take us out for a day at the start of our holiday ( 19/04/13 ) to get to know the general area and sites to revisit later and he delivered exactly what we asked for.Stephen took us to a number of great sites several of which we would not easily have found ourselves - particularly the breeding site with 8 Northern Bald Ibis nests. Saw many excellent birds, highlights included the B. Ibis, Montagues Harrier, 9 other raptors,Gallinule.
With only two of us on this particular trip we enjoyed Stephen's undivided attention and found him to be an excellent, well-informed guide. We would never have found the local cafe on an industrial estate where we had an excellent value lunch.
We would certainly recommend Stephen's trips in this great birding area. Tick list totalled 58 species for the day, not including a few birds seen briefly by Stephen but not by us, including a Golden Oriole.

Visited April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great day out.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had previously visited this area on an organised bird watching trip and wished to see some of the bird species again as part of my holiday visiting cities in Andalucia. Stephen Daly collected me from my hotel in the Bay of Cadiz at 08.00 on 15 March and the first bird we saw was a little owl on a derelict building. From there we headed to the salinas and the banks of the Quadalquiver River. He knew where to find white headed duck and marbled duck, a new bird for me as well as a good selection of waders and herons. Cattle egret were everywhere but we also saw great white and little egrets, roosting night heron, spoonbill and flamingo. White storks are easy to see but Stephen spotted a black stork in the distance and his clear direction enable me to see it as it flew away. I was able to compare ringed, little ringed and Kentish plovers preparing to nest on the banks between the salinas. In the same area we watched an osprey eating its lunch.The list of warblers included excellent views of subalpine, spectacled and Sardinian. Chiffchaff perched on nearly ever bush but were not yet calling. The hirundines were starting to arrive so house martins, barn and red rumped swallows were included on our list with swifts. I had a great day. Stephen was very good company and knows the area well and is an excellent bird spotter. We stopped at a small local restaurant for lunch where Stephen's excellent grasp of Spanish enabled him to chat to the locals. He has lived with his familynear Barbate for many years now. In total I saw about 68 species without counting a few that I didnt feel I had personally seen clearly enough like crag martin and alpine swift.
Stephen is able to adapt his programme to suit individual interests from very enthusiastic birders to people like myself who while wanting to see a good range of birds also enjoys seeing the countryside and how the birds are reacting to their environment. He also is a keen photographer and forwaded some of the pictures he took during the day. They are excellent so check out his web site to see them. He clearly has an eye for composition. Heather Booth, Deputy Leader Brighton and District RSPB.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank heatherbooth12
Andalucia, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent day out”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Only 4 people on our 1/2day tour so opportunity for individual preferences. A great way to see birds in the area as Stephen knows exactly where best sites are, including rarities. Really enjoyed the tour. Would recommend taking a full day tour as so much to see.

Visited March 2013