All reviews fairy tale the river small island cake dining room amazing place top notch spent two nights beautiful hotel junior suite before dinner unique setting nice breakfast quiet place hotel restaurant service was excellent an excellent restaurant
Reviewed June 24, 2018

My wife and I and two other couples stayed here in May. I was somewhat apprehensive as I had chosen the location and it was the most expensive night of our trip. My fears disappeared immediately when we were greeted by possibly the nicest lady ever. All of the staff were amazing, our rooms were great, and we had a very special dinner in the courtyard. My friends enjoyed a gym/pool complex across the road, and I went for hikes in the lovely woods. It was a big hit for everyone.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

This is a gorgeous place to stay, a historic castle with beautiful rooms, secluded grounds, and an excellent restaurant. The chef has flair and imagination, we had a taster menu with paired wines, and it was fabulous. I would love to go again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this castle. What an experience!

There are many reasons to stay here.

First, I believe this is the best hotel in Slovenia. The staff was extremely professional and seemed genuinely concerned that we had a great time during our stay. It was the only true five star service we experienced during our travels.

Second, it is an 800 year old castle!

Third, the surrounding area is beautiful. The river, the hotel grounds, the serenity of the place. It’s all magical.

Fourth, the restaurant is amazing.

Be aware that the castle is the destination and that there is little to do in the way of tourism there, unless you want to make day trips with your car. Also be aware that this is a quiet place (a plus for us) and that some people might not enjoy it as much as a lively hotel.

Highly, highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed May 15, 2018

We stayed here for a couple of nights combined with three rounds of golf at the nearby very beautiful course. The setting is glorious especially in the sunshine and we had very pretty views from our room. The room itself, though not huge, was clean, comfortable and attractively appointed -modern but with a nod at the medieval. I appreciated the snacks provided on arrival and even more the bottles of water provided and changed whenever necessary (as were the towels). Breakfast was great. What wasn't obviously available could be provided on request. The evening dinner was very good though maybe not as excellent as one might expect for a hotel of this calibre. Service at the bar was a little slow and although facilities are available at the hotel nearby this is not the same as having some in house services.

Altogether a lovely, special spot for a couple of days break.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We went there to spend sunday afternoon and enjoyed in this little peace of nature surrounding castle. Restaurant is inside castle and has nice terrace in the sun. Coffe and cake were excellent choice and very 5* served.

Date of stay: March 2018