Dun Ard(Dungarvan)
$108
$105
Ashley Guesthouse(Dungarvan)(Great Value!)
$73
Gold Coast Golf Resort(Dungarvan)(Great Value!)
$135
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$356
Killineen House(Dungarvan)
Priceline
Crew Apartments(Dungarvan)
Agoda.com
All reviewsleisure centrekids clubbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelbusy barlovely hotelswimming poolfamily roomfood was lovelysauna and steam roomwedding partychanging roomsfamily breakself catering housesvery pleasant staydungarvan townreception desk
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of days, can only say that the rooms were fine beds comfortable. On our way to the indoor swimming pool we noticed cobwebs on the ceiling which is not a good indication and when we went went for our evening meal the dining room was dated and very depressing,the service was poor ,the waiter just threw the food down and never asked us what we would like to drink, don't think you would enjoy a meal here if the best chief in the world cooked it,i suggest to go into town for a meal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
ParkHotelDungarvan, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Thank you for taking time out to write your review. We are disappointed to hear your stay was less than perfect. Feedback is very important to us as our aim is to please. Clearly in your case we fell short and I apologise. I am very surprised to here your waiter through the food down at you and you felt the service poor, we would have appreciated the opportunity to deal with this on the night as we try to instil to our staff the importance of customer satisfaction and if a member of our team was less than this we need to speak with them and remind them of our practise and procedures. We try to encourage a relaxed and easy working environment, then in turn portraying happy staff – happy customers. We are also surprised read you feel the restaurant is dated as just two years ago we completed a complete revamp of the hotel and the restaurant underwent refurbishment. Thank you again for your comments and we will certainly take them on board.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

First the upside location not too bad and Dungarvan is a nice little town sadly for this hotel that is it after the location it is all downhill from there.
The management at this hotel can only be described as chaotic, rude at times and shambolic all the time. We arrived on Friday afternoon for a three day break the room we were given had a very distinct consistent high pitched noise with the window closed on opening the window it seemed to come from the "leisure" centre obviously a very sick pump which should be replaced or maintained.
On ringing reception I was asked to leave it for 20 minutes to see if it would go away it didn't so we rang reception again to be told nobody had ever complained before but leave it for a while and a manager would be down. He arrived a little while later and agreed there actually is a high pitched noise, we were so glad our ears had not deceived us.
He said he would go and investigate, I suggested he tried the "leisure" centre first, we agreed that if whatever was causing the noise was switched off at night we would stay as we did not plan to be in the room much during the day anyway. The noise apparently is 24/7 so we were moved to a room best descrubed as something out of the Victorian era, musty, ill fitting door, and dirty. You can put up with a lot of other peoples hair on the bathroom floor and in the bath is unforgivable. This room faced the front of the hotel and we thought we will just stay where we are as it is quiet and we cleaned around in the bathroom. This was our biggest mistake we should have checked out there and then but we had a dinner appointment in Ahearnes in Youghal (great spot) so we stayed. This hotel caters a lot for weddings and there was one on the Friday and Saturday night the noise in the front of the hotel until 4 to 4:30 in the morning was similar to that of a train station with people talking and laughing car doors being shut, engines being reved. We closed the window and it was so hot we were in fear of melting so we just put up with the noise. After eventually getting to sleep in the wee small hours of the morning twice we were woken by room service at about 08:00.
But the worst by far was breakfast which can only be described as total chaos, we arrived down on the Sunday morning at 09:45 to bedlam, tables full of used delph people queuing to sit and get served with staff running around like headless chickens, there appearded to be plenty of staff what was lacking was any sense of structure or order. When we sat we waited for 20 minutes before the table was cleaned of used delph, another 10 before we had a breakfast order taken. 30 minutes in total from sitting down to an order being taken for breakfast must be some sort of record. We asked to see the manager but he / she did not appear, which did not surprise us in the least.
The leisure centre was apparently open by Albert Reyonlds in 1992, I don't think it has seen a lick of paint since then.
Would I stay here again, not in a million years. When we were leaving we got a voucher for a one night stay in one of the groups hotels free, just incase we were tempted to use it we threw it in the bin as soon as we got home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DonNenagh
ParkHotelDungarvan, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to personally apologise for the issues you experienced during you visit.

Our objective as always is to ensure we meet the expectations of our guests and customer service is an important component in achieving this. The service and issues you experienced is something that I am very disappointed to read and is certainly not common practice. I will take your comments to our management meeting and go through them in detail. Clearly as a team we need to address these issues. We will contact you directly to discuss the same and we obviously would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in us at some point in the future.

I do understand that the above actions which I have taken cannot reverse the issues that you experienced; however it does show how seriously we here at The Park hotel & Leisure Centre take such incidents and we will take steps to ensure they do not re-occur.

Thank you again for your feedback as it’s only through such feedback that we can monitor and deliver consistent standards.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2010

We booked a Holiday home which is part of the Hotel & found it to be spacious and really a home from home. WE included breakfast int he Hotel in our rate, all was very good and great value. We will definately return. All staff we encountered were friendly and attentive except our last morning, older staff were on duty in the breakfast room & while nice were not as attentive. Other than that we really enjoyed our 5 night stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guest feedback is very important to us in helping us maintain our standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Hotel, Leisure Centre & Holiday Homes.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have stayed here a few times before purely because there aint much else in the area regarding accomodation but after reading some of the ( 5 out of 5 ) reviews on tripadvisor i decided i had to write my own as there is no way this hotel should get a 5 out of 5.
I believe i saw it down as a 4 star...this is not a 4 star believe me.
My advice is stay away & do not give your hard earned cash to people who do not understand the meaning of customer service.
The Park Hotel is old, it has dirty rooms, the room i had was extremely damp, it was smelly and the staff are terrible. They can advertise all they want and show all the pictures they want but the last time i stayed there the room had damp patchs all over the ceiling and the bedclothes were damp and smelly. Its a disgrace. It looks like no money has been put into this hotel in years yet they are still charging top dollar. They advertise fully furnished suites on their website well i didnt get a suite, i got a disgraceful filty dirty room.
I had lunch there recently ( Feb 2010) and the staff havent changed. The lunch was literally thrown at me and the staff throw some dirty looks at the customers too.
Stay away. Places like this annoy me.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank The_Python
ParkHotelDungarvan, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Thank you for taking time out for to post our review. We are very surprised in reading your review, especially having just two years ago, finished a complete revamp of the hotel from the bedrooms to the Bar & Restaurant. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your views, if there is a damp issue in this weather we clearly have a more underlying issue which needs to be tackled immediately. I walk the bedrooms weekly and am not aware of this problem in any of our bedrooms, so purely for the benefit of our future guests and of course to try keep our reputation intact, we would like to discuss this with you should you wish contact me directly on 058 42899 and rectify the issue.

In regards to our bar staff, I will speak to our team as a group and will discuss your comments in order to hopefully give them some incite to our customer feedback, unfortunately without speaking with you I can only speak to them as a group and hope this will improve their understanding of customer service and satisfaction. I assure you this is not common practise, even more so in the current climate and will not be tolerated.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

On a positive note, the view from hotel is lovely. But the view is the only lovely thing. I'm writing this from my room. I haven't even left hotel yet and feel I must warn everyone else before they check in! Stayed in hotel last night. Twin room cost €255! Room was VERY dirty and smelly as well as small. The dining area for breakfast was very very poorly managed - slow and rude service, dirty tables everywhere, no glasses left when I wanted some juice. We were actually afraid to ask for a glass because we knew we would get a cold reception from staff. Looking around my room now I can see cobwebs in one corner, big stain on celing, dirt on the walls, carpet completely covered in stains, dust on the lockers, etc, etc, etc. During a time of recession when people expect value for money, I cannot see how this hotel can get away with this poor service. Definitely will not be staying here again!!! Check in anywhere else!!!

1  Thank FrankOC

Thank you for taking time out for to post our review. We are surprised in reading your comments. I would agree €255 for your room is expensive and clearly there is some discrepancy with regards to your rate, as we do not charge those kind of prices. Possibly there might be some extra charges on your final bill ie. dinner, wine or drinks of some sort. I would like the opportunity to discuss your bill with you if not to only rectify your account but refund you if we over charged you in some way.

In regards to our staff in the restaurant, I am again surprised to read you found our staff rude and service slow, this would be one area which we would normally be proud to say we do not have a problem thankfully. But clearly we need to speak with our team as a group and discuss your comments in order to hopefully give them an incite into our customer feedback. I assure you this is not common practise, even more so in the current climate and will not be tolerated. We constantly encourage a friendly working environment which in turn can be seen as positive happy experience for our customers.

I would spot check the bedrooms twice weekly and again surprised your room was less than satisfactory. Myself and accommodation manager clearly need to be more vigilant whilst checking the bedrooms.

Again I would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in us in some small way and if I could ask you to contact me directly, in an effort to hopefully benefit our future guests and of course to try keep our reputation intact. If you would spare us the time to give either myself or our General Manager David Levingstone a call on 058 42899 and hopefully rectify your issues.

Again, thank you for your comments.