“Excellent Hotel”

Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dungarvan
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just been to this hotel for my wedding anniversary, it was amazing. I got this as part of a Moocher deal, so thought perhaps I would not get the same treatment as other full paying guests. I was totally wrong. On arrival, we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who made us feel very welcome. The food in the bar was excellent and as for the restaurant, the food was amazing. I have never tasted steak like it. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and efficient. It is perfectly based, just three minutes’ walk to town. I will definitely be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Traveled over to dungarven for cheltenham preview night had a lovely stay at a great hotel
The bedroom was massive if this bedroom was in the Cotswolds it would cost three times the amount I paid also the room was very clean .
The staff were very helpful and really looked after me for my two night stay. breakfast was nice with as much tea as I could drink .
The owner piers even carried my bag to the taxi and wished me a safe trip home
I have just made a booking to return in may as iam missing the place already
Many thanks to the park hotel. see you soon keep up the great service

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for a weekend break in the Park Hotel, Dungarvan recently. Nice hotel, lovely comfortable bed and very tasty breakfast. The evening meal was very good, wonderful choice of starters, mains and desserts. Didn't appreciate being charged for a bottle of Chardonney I did not order, but mistakes do happen. A visit to the pool in the afternoon was most enjoyable and although I wouldn't be a great swimmer, I had a lovely time there and enjoyed all the amenities. My face flannel went missing in the laundry and the hotel kindly sent it back to me by post, nice touch. The drinks in the hotel were a bit pricey, that would be my only gripe. A cold and chilly weekend in February but warm as toast in the Park, Dungarvan.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we stayed at the park hotel for two nights had breakfast each morning and 4 course dinner on one eve ,we found the hotel was the friendliest,most helpful staff the manager mark was round all the time to check everyone was ok the food was beautiful presentation,taste and amount was excellent, we will definately be back to the park hotel with our family,the location is spot on for everything.i would highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip with a group. The hotel lobby/bar was nice but the corridor to the bedrooms on the ground floor was a bit tired looking. The swing doors were chipped and in need of some paint. There was a sign saying there was painting in progress so maybe that was why.

The bedroom looked like it had been recently painted. The floor however was marked and badly fitted. The throw on the bed had a black mark and several pulled threads (see attached photo). Although its only a small thing it really effects your first impression of the room. The furniture looked a bit shabby. The windows were not in a great state - there was a gap at the bottom of one of the windows - where it won't close properly. Given the cold temperatures out it was not great.

The room was in a quiet section of the hotel so I heard very little noise. The bed was also very comfortable.

The breakfast had a small continental buffet (some cereals toast, fruit etc) or you could order a fry/porridge etc from waiters.

Service from the staff was adequate but no more. In general I would say this hotel only does the bare minimum. It seemed to be a busy place so I guess they feel that is all that is required.

A few small changes would make a big difference.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We pass by this hotel about 6 times a month and decided to try it for food.
Parked up in the hotel which was free, and went in. Hotel is very clean and well presented, as too is the bar where we went in for dinner. Went to the bar counter and were met by blank faced young man who stood and said nothing untill i prompted him for some food menus, which he gave us and we seated ourselves. Menu was decent with enough choice. I ordered a Roast and my partner a chicken burger. While waiting she used the bathrooms by reception and on her way passed the kitchen where the chef and floor staff were having a screaming match.. This might explain why up to now we never seen any waiting staff, they were busy fighting with the chef.
The food arrived and the waitress told us to be carefull of the hot bowls of veg, dont know why as they and the veg were cold. My partners chicken was obviously boiled and had several spots of pink so was sent back to be done some more, came back out with grill marks on it and an excuse that the chicken was pink where the bone was, sorry but it was still pink !! The waitress did offer to recook it in a different way but we declined and ate everything except the chicken.
I went to the bar and asked the blank faced young man for the bill, which he promptly got and took the cash, no enquiry if we enjoyed our meals, I decided not to complain as it was obvious that none of the staff on duty were too botherd, so I paid the full amount and we left.
For a 4 star hotel this was a let down, with disintrested staff and poor quality food we wont be back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nuggie83
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed midweek and had a lovely time. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. the rooms were clean, with lovely comfy beds. We used the swimming pool, there were some broken tiles, but apart from that it was lovely. Thank you all for a lovely stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
#1 of 7 in Youghal
The Old Imperial Hotel
The Old Imperial Hotel
#2 of 7 in Youghal
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)

Been to Park Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!