“Off The Grid”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dungarvan
London, United Kingdom
“Off The Grid”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A typical modern Irish hotel which sprawls over a sizable campus in an area with few good places to stay according to the locals. The rooms were large, the bed very comfortable, but the heating was paltry and the wifi non-existent beyond the reception, a cardinal sin these days where a bed, shower and wifi are the ket requirements for any busines traveller.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building if you need wifi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iolopj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have just returned from a New Years stay with my Wife and Daughter and a group of friends. It was probably the best New Year I have ever had, maybe it was the friends and company but I certainly believe the hotel played a huge part.

All the staff were so friendly and welcoming and could not do enough for you. My two year old daughter loved it and again the hotel were really accommodating towards her, no request was to small or big. The food was also excellent and Peirce the owner was the most hands on proprietor I have ever seen and really looked after the guests at the New Year ball. The hotel really lived up to its family friendly reputation and certainly offered a family welcome and service.

Thank you Park Hotel for a great holiday, we will be back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Wexford
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a treat to ourselves. As soon as we walked through the main doors we were greeted with the sight of a fabulous christmas tree. The ladies at reception were polite, helpful and smiling...always a good thing. We were in room 163, on the ground floor, a bit of a maze of corridors to get to the room. The room was clean and bright, with two double beds, lovely decor also, and the bathroom was very well stocked with products etc.
We ordered a bottle of wine with room service, and they delivered it in under 10 mins, with glasses, and chilling in a bucket of ice. We had booked dinner for two (2 courses), and breakfast, at a very reasonable rate. We missed dinner...but breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. We would definitely stay there again....great views across the bay, directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cork
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My niece had her wedding in the Park Hotel Dungarvan.
I did not stay the night, so I can not comment on the rooms or leisure facilities. The bar looks out on the bay in Dungarvan and looks so pretty when the tide is full.
I could not fault the meal in any way, there were over 200 people at the sit down meal everyone got a hot very tasty meal.The service was very fast which is almost unusual now, the staff were nice and almost unseen. It was most enjoyable and every bit as good as 5 star hotels I have been to. The hall where the meal was served so pretty and the lighting was just right. If I was to find fault I think it may only be with the hotel decor,it is very 80s. But in reality what difference does that make.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ann c
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here last weekend with my partner real buzz around the place! good food and very clean.breakfast exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone & I will be looking forward to a return visit! M Egan

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Eoin10
Imelda_Walsh, Sales & Marketing Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Eoin10,
Thank you very much for posting a wonderful review of our Hotel, and we are very pleased that you and your partner had a very good weekend with us in Dungarvan.
We are also extremely happy that you gave us the top ratings on Value, Rooms, Cleanliness and Service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Hotel,
Thanking you,
The Park Hotel
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I purchased my voucher of a well known coupon site to stay two nights
Sadly I did not enjoy my experience I found the hotel was not hygienic and it made my stay overall a very uncomfortable experience.

I would not recommend this hotel to friends or family.

Room Tip: Dont choose any of them..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ciara N
Imelda_Walsh, Sales & Marketing Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Ann D,
I am very confused regarding your review which you posted recently.
I think maybe you should contact the hotel directly and speak to myself, as I would like to know what aspects you are referring to. We appreciate all feedback and I would be interested to hear your comments. The Park Hotel has an excellent reputation with Food, Bedrooms, Value, Service and the overall atmosphere of the hotel which is a lively and friendly family-run operation. We are very surprised with your comment and we would appreciate more information.
Thanking you again for posting a review but if you contact me directly and elaborate; it will remove the ambiguity that currently prevails.
Thanking you,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent Friday and Saturday 23rd & 24th at the Park Hotel. on a two night one dinner basis. It is a fabulous hotel which couldn't be faulted. Had bar food on Friday night and it was excellent. The staff were very friendly (particularly the bar staff}. The whole atmosphere was very welcoming. We had a room with two 5ft beds as we had the grandchildren with us. Went to see Santa's arrival with the children on Saturday at the Shopping Centre which was only 5 minutes away. Will definitely return to this hotel in the New Year. It rained all weekend so the pool was a great asset for the children.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clairemarkey
Imelda_Walsh, Sales & Marketing Manager at Park Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Clairemarkey,
Thank you very much for posting a review on your experience of The Park Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your weekend with us and we appreciate your comments in relation to the Bar Food, the Staff, the Leisure Facilities and the entire hospitality package. Thanking you again and we look forward to welcoming you all back again.
Yours sincerely,
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
#2 of 3 in Cappoquin
Waterford Marina Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel
#3 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Park Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!