“Very very disappointed”

Ranked #7 of 16 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
Mallow
“Very very disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Having read previous reviews I booked this B&B.I was so disappointed.Firstly I didn't get a great welcome on arriving, just handed a bunch of keys, the room was very very poor cobwebs in corners, tea/coffee stains on lockers had to use baby wipes to clean it myself, the bedside lamp shades could do with been changed, we had no showers as we were afraid to use it , dirty brown grout/ stains and along the shower door very dirty a bottle of bleach would do a big job here. I bought disinfectant to put on toilet before we used it. Beds were comfortable. There was a pull out bed in room, very uncomfortable kept coming apart throughout the night, child ended up sleeping in our bed, which was a small double, stains also on the sofa/bed covers.On arriving at breakfast we were never greeted or asked if we slept ok.We ordered breakfast and were told they had no black/white pudding this morning !!!!! our breakfast consisted of 2 rashers, 2 sausages, an egg, a fried tomato. 2 slices of toast were halved and put on the table between 4 of us, leaving 2 spaces in the toast holder,(we saw no homemade bread,)I had to ask for more, had to ask for orange juice,milk and took butter from another table as I was so fed up of asking for items. the cereal bowls were so small my daughter asked me why are we using baby bowls. The yogurt was poured into an unattractive bowl not even a few choices of carton yogurt were available. Two segments of tinned peaches and tinned grapefruit were left swimming in their own juices, I found the whole thing very penny pinching experience. The room was for a family of 4 we got 2 mugs, 2 tiny milk sachets no spoon, thankfully I had a calpol spoon in my bag!!!!. The towels could have done with some comfort. I have stayed in many B&B's but his was the worst. I was wondering if the business has changed hands since the reviews were done previously on their site. It is a very dated B& B that could do with been modernised I personally believe the views of Dungarvan bay is attracting the business. I don't think I would book a B&B again based on reviews. I went towards Dungarvan town and found many B&B's to choose from to spent another two days of our break. Very disappointing experience here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank scorpiomallow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We rather accidentally came across this B&B, who were happy to take us in at 10 pm, and our stay was wonderful. The view of the bay is splendid, the room was comfortable and clean, our host was friendly and helpful in getting us on our way the next day, and the breakfast was quite good. It's conveniently located right on the N25, so it's easy to get to. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a great experience at the Seaview in Dungarvan. Martin met us at the door and showed to a local pub - only 300 meters away - where we spent the next 2 nights in a wonderful atmosphere! Thanks so much Martin. We would love to come back sometime.

Room Tip: Go for the front rooms with the scenery toward the water, wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This guesthouse is a little way outside Dungarvan on a very busy main road with hardly any shoulder so one really needs a car if staying here. Because it was dark and raining, our small group had our bus driver take us the couple of minutes up the road to the restaurant. Seaview is quite charming with a nice sitting room looking toward the water. My room was bright and clean with an adequate bathroom. I was pleased to find wall mounted bed lights as most places had useless little short lamps beside the bed. If you have a car, this is nice place to stay. The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank inclinekiwi
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We arrived in Dublin and took off straightaway for Dungarvan. Mealla, our hostess, was so accommodating. We arrived exhausted after flying all night from the US, and was allowed to check in earlier than advertised so we could get some rest. The Seaview was very easy to find (the directions appear quite daunting but are actually easy to follow). The rooms were comfortable with nice views of the bay. Breakfast was delicious and we had the chance to chat with Mealla before heading out to our next destination. A wonderful little place to stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Creola, Alabama
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My stay was in March, so I'm a little late with my review. While the Seaview was a ways away from the town centre, I am glad for it. There are two quaint little pubs with in walking distance. One of which I had the pleasure of visiting on a rainy afternoon. It was what I wanted, authentic. The food was wonderful, fire a delight, the people as warm as they come. A few of the locals attempted to teach me the irish language. I had a blast!

My breakfast was good, but the conversations, better. I learned a lot during my short visit here. I am returning next March and will stay here again. This is the perfect location if passing through on the highway. The roads can grow long in Ireland when taking in the scenary. While it doesnt sit on the sea, the view is still breathtaking! I short drive and you are in Ardmore as lovely place as any.

One of the most friendly place I stayed. Nora the mom walked me through the home and told me stories of the art in her home. She bragged on the host, her daughter, who had found new love. She was so proud of her. I have some pictures I will add here soon, of the lovely home and garden.

• Stayed March 2011
Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had a lovely two-night stay at Seaview. The view from our room was special; the West Bay in one direction; adorable cows out the other.

Melly's hospitality was both warm & helpful. She steered us to one of the best dinners on our trip, White Horses in Ardmore. Loved the proximity to non-touristy Ardmore. Great location.

A terrific value.

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
#4 of 16 in Dungarvan
Barnawee Bridge Guesthouse
Barnawee Bridge Guesthouse
#9 of 16 in Dungarvan

Been to Seaview Guesthouse? Share your experiences!