Gold Coast Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Richmond House(Cappoquin)
TheToby Jug(Cappoquin)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagesbunker barself cateringleisure centreswimming poolbouncy castleclonea strandpool partywashing machinesteam roomweekend breakplay grounddungarvan townplay areahotel facilitiesadults and childrengreat family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Spent St Patricks weekend in a lodge in Gold Coast resort. We were a family group ranging in age from 2 to 84 (84 year old being my Mum who had being discharged from hospital a few hours before). the lodge was spacious, lovely and warm when we arrived, very clean, well equiped, beds comfy). Huge dining table with 8 chairs. Phot on website did not mislead. The grounds were lovely, houses well spaced out. Playground for children to wander off to. Felt comfortable leaving 8 year olds off by themselves. Other kids to make friends with. Swimming pool and facilities were good. Polite helpful staff in leisure centre. Resort is on coast and in a very scenic spot. It is not often that I am plan to return to a destination as it is nice to try different places,. but in this case plan to go back.

1  Thank Kalgal2014
CloneaRep, Director of Sales at Gold Coast Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback following your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your compliments and indeed it will be my pleasure to share your comments with all my colleagues at the Gold Coast. We do hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future
Please feel free to myself or any of the Resort Management direct on 05842249 should you wish to reserve for another date
_________________________________________________________________________
Gold Coast Holiday, Golf & Sports Resort employ a team of local and dedicated staff at our Waterford Resort who are focused on delivering an authentic customer experience. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback. Each member of our Resort Team are aware of all genuine posts on TripAdvisor and we are proud to say that we do not in any way advocate or engage in posting fake reviews. It is our policy from January 2014 to protect our online reputation and will therefore investigate and action all posts.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed in a Golf Villa for 3 nights in Mar 2014 with my wife and 2 year old. Pleasantly surprised at the size of the Villa. Large kitchen and dining / living area with bathroom and 2 triple rooms downstairs, large triple room with infant cot, main sitting room and amain bathroom upstairs, so plenty of room for the little guy to trash around. Place was spotlessly clean also. Huge communal garden area overlooking the 13th hole of the golf course out the back which is also ideal for kids.
The main resort is also has a fine leisure centre and outdoor playground which again ticks more boxes in the catgeory of keeping a 2 year old entertained.
I played the golf course twice during the trip and was very impressed overall. Some very memorable holes there (7th, 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th to mention a few).
Breakfast in the main hotel is very good, and also we had dinner in the Bunker bar which was lovely also.

All in all the Gold Coast was just what we were looking for in terms of facilities, and was excellent value for money.

We will return!

Room Tip: Golf villas are very big and are extremely peaceful.
3  Thank kelshore1
CloneaRep, Director of Sales at Gold Coast Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your great review..... I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your great comments are passed on to the Team. It is refreshing to hear how well you enjoyed our Course.I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Dungarvan again in the near future.
Please feel free to contact myself or any of the Resort Management direct on 05842249.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the fourth time we have stayed here. Myself and my husband stayed in the hotel st Patricks weekend 2012 the first time and loved it so much we booked Easter weekend 2012 from the hotel room and brought my parents. We stayed in one if the cottages and they loved it. We then returned in 2013 with my stepdaughter and family in a cottage and again this year with my parents in a villa. We love it here. Lovely people with great facilities. And gorgeous views. My husband and dad love the golf course too! Great place to relax. Look forward to our next visit :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank VoniH

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay with us here at Gold Coast, Holiday, Golf & Sports Resort. and more importantly for staying so many times with us

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have just discovered a real gem in a 2 night stay at the Goldcoast Hotel. This is a 3 star, family run hotel complete with Leisure Centre, Play Ground & beautiful Links Golf Course. Our family room was very comfortable & spotlessly clean, with a stunning sea view. The staff were very friendly & helpful & we enjoyed meals in both the bar & restaurant. I will definitely make a return trip here for the welcome we received & the sheer relaxation of our stay. A definite thumbs up.

1  Thank annlanigan
CloneaRep, Director of Sales at Gold Coast Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

The Managers and their teams are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities, food and service to be excellent throughout. I have passed on your kind comments our Heads of Department who has asked to be associated with my thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just visited this hotel few days ago for one night, and this was one too many: the hotel badly needs a refurbishment, everything looks really old and dated. When we first entered the room in the main hotel, the bathroom floor was still very wet from the cleaning I suppose, there was a stain on the bed overall cover, and the heater was left on which transformed the room into a sauna! Btw this heater is the most annoying piece of antiquity you can see. It's hard to make it work properly and it keeps switching on and off during the night, with a horrendous noise. Speaking about the noise, the walls are probably made from cardboard, as you can clearly distinguish what your neighbors are saying while in their room. So we both spent a quite bad night, we felt more tired after this break than before. Don't waste your time there

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ovidiu P
CloneaRep, Director of Sales at Gold Coast Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Pop Ovidiu
Thank you for taking the time you have taken to share your detailed and extensive review about us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay on a Deal Rush Offer of €69 for Two Persons Bed and Full Irish Break, Late Check-out, Seaview Room and €10 Golf Credit.

Further to my telephone conversation with you after posting this review it is clear from your feedback that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet with your expectation, and I would like to apologise for any shortcomings on our part. I feel it would be wrong to attempt to answer every point individually, and there are certain points that I would not agree with as they are not representative of the quality, team members and standards that we provide, and as with all feedback they are subjective. I would like to assure you that the points you have raised have been investigated and where action has been necessary we have acted appropriately to remedy any shortcomings.

As stated to you I am at a loss as to way on check-out when you were asked was your stay enjoyable, you acknowledgement was that it was.