“Simple Food cooked Beautifully”
Review of Seanachai Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Seanachai Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Seanachaí is an award winning traditional Irish Bar & restaurant - with 12 holiday cottages attached. An Seanachaí serves casual friendly home-cooked meals daily. It has a cosy restaurant serving a good choice of contemporary Irish and seafood dishes by night.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We popped for some pre-walking nourishment and were very happy to chance upon such wonderful food - local, fresh ingredients, cooked beautifully. The seafood chowder was scrumptious - salmon, mussels, shrimp in a wonderfully thick creamy, lemony soup. Shame we were too full to indulge completely in the spicy chicken goujons and chips that we'd ordered to share. Generous helpings. We'll definitely be returning when we can. We've been hunting for a replacement favourite restaurant since the closure of the Chop House in Lismore. This is definitely a new option worth considering!

There are newer reviews for Seanachai Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Popped in there on the way home for a drink with my wife and was floored when I was charged 6 euro for a hot port. When I complained to the barman he just laughed. I live within 10 mins to this establishment and the usual price for this drink is less than 4 euro as port is quite cheap, much cheaper than whiskey or brandy. Had gone there with family for Sunday lunch a couple of years ago and we had a complaint about a dish (ham hock) and again got no satisfaction. I know this place gets passing traffic but as a local they are shooting themselves in the foot by not listening in a serious way the complaints of their customers.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We enjoyed a delicious carvery lunch at the Seanachai Bar this afternoon while travelling back from Cork (Sunday Dec 2nd,2012). I had the beef, my husband had lamb and the children had chicken. The meat was excellent and was served with a choice of tasty vegetables. We had a lovely table in front of the fire and were made very welcome by the friendly staff. They were attentive without being intrusive and made sure we had everything we needed. My husband remembered being there as a child and today's visit reinforced those lovely memories, we will definitely return.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Wonderful Irish Pub in Dungarvan. Delicious food, friendly, helpful staff. Would highly recommend.
The best Beef and Guinness Stew.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had the most fantastic meal at this restaurant, and was served by the nicest of people. It was a true Irish experience, and I would drive several hours and fly across the ocean again to eat at this wonderful place, and spend time with those wonderful people. A great memory of Ireland! God Bless!