“weekend stay”

Bayside
Bayside
Ranked #11 of 16 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at Bayside for a weekend and was made to feel very welcome. the room was spotless and had all I needed. the views are stunning over looking the bay. there was a great variety for breakfast. would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane B
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Jane, It was a pleasure to host you and your sister. Thank you for the positive review and your chocolates, which were appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Bayside

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The rooms overlook a bay, and it's a beautiful overlook. The owners are very helpful with tips on what to see in the area.
Sheila hangs out her sheets on the line to dry. This results in lovely smelling bed linen and towels. The breakfast is delightful.
Wonderful, relaxing place to experience. Our room was a bit cramped, but that's my only complaint. It's still a great value.A
I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments. All of our laundry is dried on the open air clothes line which gives it a clean fresh feel and smell. Breakfasts are cooked to order and served immediately. Thank you for staying at Bayside.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Bayside in Dungarvan. This was our fifth night in Ireland. The home was lovely, the view was beautiful but our welcome was anything but warm.
Upon our arrival, we were told by our hostess that she does not normally open before Easter. Understandable. I don't usually travel during Easter myself. She proceeded to tell us that she wasn't ready for the season and she had family coming for Easter and kept repeating that she wasn't ready and didn't usually open so early.
The house was on the list for our vouchers. We made the reservations LAST FALL. She could have contacted us and explained the situation prior to March and we would have happily made other arrangements. Telling us this upon our arrival, just before dark on Good Friday was not the time to tell us this. Without outright saying so, she made it quite plain that she didn't want us there and would like us to leave which was impossible at that point. We had no idea if there was another B & B that accepted vouchers in the area, nor were we familiar with the area and it was almost dark. She made us feel very unwelcome. We left for dinner, came back and went to bed trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. In the morning, she was as unfriendly as she was when we arrived while taking orders for breakfast. There was no chit chat, advise for our trip or warm farewell. It was such a relief to be leaving!
As I said, the accommodations were lovely but the hospitality left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Guests are always welcome at Bayside as were the group represented in the review, who occuppied 2 rooms.The booking was made on 8th.Dec.'12 - post Fall.
On your arrival, the host as a courtesy, updated you on what was happening in-house - family arriving for Easter and the recent reopening of the house for the 2013 season. Somehow this was misinterpreted to mean that you should leave - an issue that would never be contemplated, in any shape or form.
We were pleased to host guests from Indiana. It was nice of you to make 2 entries in our Visitors Book saying,"Thank you." It is disappointing that you did not see fit to address your concerns while in-house rather than later, at a remove.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We traveled to Ireland in October 2012 and decided to not pre-reserve rooms for every night. After arriving in Waterford at 5pm on our first day of driving the Emerald Island, we called the Bayside B&B. We were glad to find they had a double room available because we did not know if rooms were easily available at this time of year. The 68EUR room rate was reasonable for the second floor room with pretty views of the bay. Our main issue was not having bar soap available and the shower gel didn’t seem to do a good job cleansing. Nothing else about this property was memorable so we can only give it an average rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thanks for staying at Bayside. Bar soap was not available but liquid handwash soap in a dispenser was. The shower gel was the product of a highly reputable international company. I guess the reason there are so many shower gels available is that everyone would'nt like just one particular one.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay 4 nights at Bayside B & B last week. The home is immaculate, the bed comfortable and the breakfast good and cooked to order. Sheila recommended a bar further down to road where I got wonderful hand made pizza while sitting and looking out at Dungarvan Bay. Pat cooked great breakfasts every morning and helped me find my way about Dungarvan and it's surroundings. My favorite: eating my breakfast while looking out at the bay-I could sit there all day. There were no false statements in the B & B book-you'll love it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Peggy C
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for staying at Bayside and for your kind words. We were happy to help you in your ancestral search.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Out of 7 so far in our 3 week trip, this has been the most beautiful and comfortable of them all! The home AND the grounds are immaculate and everything is in place. Quiet luxury and breakfast was delicious. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley S
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your review which is much appreciated. It's nice to know that we get it right some of the time eventhough we endeavour to gett it right all of the time.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Sheila and Patrick are wonderful hosts. My husband and I felt very much at home staying at the Bayside. In fact, we liked it so much that on our second day, we extended our stay with them instead of moving to a B&B closer to the Cork Airport for our last night.

The location is fantastic. It's quiet with a beautiful view, but just a very short drive (5-10 minutes) to downtown. There is a walking / biking trail nearby, and if I am not mistaken, it would be possible to walk to the town center from the B&B using the trail for a good part of the walk.

Our room was very comfortable, very clean and had a lovely view of the bay. The decor is modern, not fussy. Breakfast was excellent -- the eggs were always perfect and there was a great assortment of fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, etc. Coffee from a French press -- Heaven!

Sheila's attention to detail was notable. We had some leftover wine, which we had set on the vanity when we checked in. When we returned to our room at the end of the day -- wine glasses had been provided. On our last night, extra coffee makings were provided in our room, which was much appreciated during the morning when we were packing.

Finally: My recently acquired bronchitis had morphed into a sinus infection and I needed to see a doctor to get an antibiotic fast before our flight out. Sheila kindly recommended a great doctor in convenient location in downtown Dungarvan and made an appointment for me. This allowed me to take just a short break from family research at the Dungarvan Library and get the meds I needed. Left to my own devices, I probably would have wasted half the day finding a good doc then finding their office.

I highly recommend the Bayside and we will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn D
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write the review. Town centre is 45mins.brisk walk, two miles of which is along the seafront. Breakfast should always be good when it is cooked to order.If we can help with any problem we are delighted to do so. Good luck with your ancestral research. Pat & Sheila.