“GREAT WEEKEND”

Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dungarvan
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Weekend away at Lawlors Hotel - Cosy Bedroom over looking the Bay - Wining and Dining great value and excellent service and lovely polite team at the front desk. Hoping to be back again before Christmas.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Byrnecouple

Reviewed December 8, 2009

The only thing good i can say about this hotel was the dinner here which was really nice but other then that i can most definitely say i will not be staying there again.. the staff were not friendly nor polite. When waiting to be seated for breakfast the waitress saw us and kept talking to another staff member so we proceded to seat ourselves only to be told we couldnt sit there! the breakfast was cooked for about an hour before we ate it I would imagine. We got burnt toast so asked for it to be taken back only to receive the same basket out again. My husband asked for some water, she brought a jug but no glass! the rooms were old and the floor boards were coming up under the carpet in the hall. We ordered a double room and got a twin room and when we said it to them they didnt even apologise! It is way overpriced for what you receive.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, Staff very friendly and accommodating. Meals were always presented well and served by friendly and courteous staff. Was made to feel welcome by both the staff and local people. We certainly have no complaints and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank tcoachman123
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Lawlor's hotel in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, Ireland is a small and very nice hotel with the public areas being comfortable and welcoming. The staff are friendly and it has a nice bar area that serves good food and has two TV's that show Premier/Champions league football etc. The restaurant is good and the bedrooms are also very well furnished, however, because they have what I presume are energy saving lightbulbs it takes a few minutes to become fully illuminated. I believe this is rated as a 3*** hotel which in my opinion is perfectly correct and I would most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had stayed in Lawlors hotel some years ago and was delighted when I saw on their website that they had revamped the hotel as the location is great - in the centre of Dungarvan. Whilst the hotel lobby and bar have been renovated, all of the bedrooms certainly have not been with the exception of a few rooms so be warned. We asked for a room with a view to the harbour which is fairness was allocated, however, the room was very dated and clearly not renovated recently. The walkway to the bedroom was worn and had a large stain on the carpet which had seen better days. The breakfast was probably the worst I have had in any hotel. The only fruit provided was tinned grapefruit and there were no glasses for the orange juice. Bear in mind the hotel was not at all busy when we arrived for breakfast. The upside of our stay was a very pleasant bar man who was courteous and efficient and also the bar which has been tastefully renovated. I would not have booked this hotel if I had known that the bedroom were not upgraded and I quote the following from their website which I think is misleading

"Dream the night away in our spacious bedrooms. All recently renovated, each room offers the traditional comforts and modern facilities combined with simple touches of elegance"

Whilst my request of a harbour view may have dictated the room allocated, their website clearly states "all recently renovated" which is not accurate.

Free parking is available at the back of the hotel but it is a waste ground and we did feel a little unsecure parking our car there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed here for one night with my partner. If it was half the price (and possibly if it was a b&b and not a hotel) I would be more forgiving but I hated it.
The room was stuffy and smelly and badly needed to be updated, it had stained ceilings and bad decor. There was a four poster bed frame with no drapes, which, due to the size of the room, resulted in us constantly bumping into the frame, I have quite a bruise after walking into it during the night.
We had to leave the windows open due to the heat and smell, which meant we were kept awake for half the night by all the pub and nightclub drinkers from the whole town shouting, screaming, kicking beer barrels around etc right up until about 4am.
There were tea making facilities but the water was so disgusting that we couldn't drink the tea. We went downstairs to buy large bottles of water and were charged 10 euro for two 750ml bottles from the restaurant.
The breakfast was average.
The tv didn't work when we got there, somebody did come to fix it but we had to sit at the bottom of the bed, right in front of the tv for the remote control to work.
Nobody asked or cared if we enjoyed our stay. It was the worst hotel I've stayed in in a long long time. Don't go there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My wife and I visited Dungarvan to visit her cousin, and she took us to Lawlors dining room one night. Service was excellent, and although I can't remember what the others had, I had the best Duck dish I ever ate. We have eaten at the other hotel dining rooms in town, but this one we will definitely being going back to.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nursedude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
#3 of 12 in Waterford
The Old Imperial Hotel
The Old Imperial Hotel
#2 of 7 in Youghal

Been to Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan? Share your experiences!