Lawlor's Hotel Dungarvan
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Richmond House(Cappoquin)
$106
Agoda.com
$151
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscoach tripgb tourscarvery lunchirish musicbit datedhen partycomfy bedlovely staffpleasant stayold styleshort breakfull irish breakfasthotel barlovely towntown centreyogurtlawlors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had stayed in Lawlors hotel some years ago and was delighted when I saw on their website that they had revamped the hotel as the location is great - in the centre of Dungarvan. Whilst the hotel lobby and bar have been renovated, all of the bedrooms certainly have not been with the exception of a few rooms so be warned. We asked for a room with a view to the harbour which is fairness was allocated, however, the room was very dated and clearly not renovated recently. The walkway to the bedroom was worn and had a large stain on the carpet which had seen better days. The breakfast was probably the worst I have had in any hotel. The only fruit provided was tinned grapefruit and there were no glasses for the orange juice. Bear in mind the hotel was not at all busy when we arrived for breakfast. The upside of our stay was a very pleasant bar man who was courteous and efficient and also the bar which has been tastefully renovated. I would not have booked this hotel if I had known that the bedroom were not upgraded and I quote the following from their website which I think is misleading

"Dream the night away in our spacious bedrooms. All recently renovated, each room offers the traditional comforts and modern facilities combined with simple touches of elegance"

Whilst my request of a harbour view may have dictated the room allocated, their website clearly states "all recently renovated" which is not accurate.

Free parking is available at the back of the hotel but it is a waste ground and we did feel a little unsecure parking our car there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed here for one night with my partner. If it was half the price (and possibly if it was a b&b and not a hotel) I would be more forgiving but I hated it.
The room was stuffy and smelly and badly needed to be updated, it had stained ceilings and bad decor. There was a four poster bed frame with no drapes, which, due to the size of the room, resulted in us constantly bumping into the frame, I have quite a bruise after walking into it during the night.
We had to leave the windows open due to the heat and smell, which meant we were kept awake for half the night by all the pub and nightclub drinkers from the whole town shouting, screaming, kicking beer barrels around etc right up until about 4am.
There were tea making facilities but the water was so disgusting that we couldn't drink the tea. We went downstairs to buy large bottles of water and were charged 10 euro for two 750ml bottles from the restaurant.
The breakfast was average.
The tv didn't work when we got there, somebody did come to fix it but we had to sit at the bottom of the bed, right in front of the tv for the remote control to work.
Nobody asked or cared if we enjoyed our stay. It was the worst hotel I've stayed in in a long long time. Don't go there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My wife and I visited Dungarvan to visit her cousin, and she took us to Lawlors dining room one night. Service was excellent, and although I can't remember what the others had, I had the best Duck dish I ever ate. We have eaten at the other hotel dining rooms in town, but this one we will definitely being going back to.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nursedude
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Fantastic hotel right on the quay in the centre of dungarvan, only renovated recently so easy on the eye. The staff are friendly and give the establishment a real homely feeling. Lovely seating area to the rear and plenty of carpark spaces, only one tip be sure to get down by 10am or so if you want your breakfast as cereals etc, where being put away.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barman90210
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Easter Break at Lawlors Hotel,. Perfect location in town and car park. Great Food, Excellent Service and hidden Courtyard at the back of hotel. Back again next month on a golf break, 3 courses near hotel & great golf offers. See you all soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple