“fantastic restaurant, will return”
Review of Tannery Restaurant

Tannery Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Dungarvan
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Tannery Restaurant, Dungarvan, Co Waterford. Modern Irish Cooking. Chef/Owner Paul Flynn.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Excellent restaurant, staff and setting. The food is fantastic and I have never experienced so many different tastes in one sitting. The menu and options are simple but executed amazingly and the different ingrediants and inspiring ingrediants used to compliment the pork I had really made this one of the best meals I have ever had. The setting is also fantastic, Dungarvan really is the food capital of Waterford.

1  Thank decky_eire86

Reviewed June 13, 2014

NICE!!!!!
best place to start i think.
Its my 40th and a food lover i am, me and my missus love our food, its almost our hobby so for b-days we make an effort to go somewhere new and dare i say it but with a good reputation.So we find ourselves in the The Tannery Dungarvan Co Waterford, staying in one of there townhouses and booked in for dinner at 19:30-20:00.
I'm a big fan of Rick Stein and i've got it on good authority that he is a big fan of the Tannery so it has been on my list for a while. The timing's alone set the tone. We stroll in about 19:50, up the stairs we go to a bright cool loft type dinning area.Our waiter although young is on the ball and quick with a smile and engaging conversation .We decide to go for a cocktail before dinner and are well rewarded with a pair of lovely looking and lovely tasting cocktails from the extensive menu. A Champagne bellini for me and mixed fruit martini for the lady.....Nice.
On with the food.
Ive waxed enough lyrical by now i think so im going to keep the rest of this brief. The Amuse bouche lovely, the crab creme brulee starter lovely but a bit heavy, tomato and goat cheese salad, sublime.Light, refreshing, and above all bursting with flavour. Monkfish on the "bone"(don't get that to often) great.
And then the BEEF!!!!!. Well the braised short rib is to die for. I loved it, soft, succulent, beefy, beefy, beefy, with sweetcorn and pearl barley stew.......I loved this dish.
Then came the desert,Choco Choco Choco was all i heard and nice it was.Cheese is up were told, and out it comes,Cooleeny, local blue,and more with crackers and quince jam. OOHHHHH im a bit full lads and more than happy.
Espresso and Mocha for the lady rounded off a superb dinning experience.
Would recommend to anybody needing to get well looked after.

1  Thank Linda.Johnny M
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Waiters and manager very friendly and professional. Tomato and goats cheese soup was orgasmic!!! The flavours of the food at this restaurant amazed me. Main course (Bacon) was nice. Wasn't too impressed by the watery sauce. Dessert was delicious. Portions small. Set menu for €30 pp was reasonay priced but a la carte quite expensive. Will return.

1  Thank RoyBs
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Over the last few years I've been fortunate to have eaten in the Tannery in Dungarvan on a number of occasions either as a couple, with friends, relatives or our teenage children. The latest visit was last Friday and thus far we have never been disappointed as Paul Flynn and his team ensure that the 3 course 'Early Bird' menu is always a treat and very fairly priced. The service and presentation of the food is also great!

I can't recommend this restaurant enough, it's definitely the best in the area by some margin. Safe to say that the next time we are back in West Waterford I will be on the phone to book a table perhaps I should start saving my £2 coins so that I can tackle the tasting menu on the next visit.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Faultless food and great service - wish it was closer to us, we would be regular customers. We stayed in the townhouse which was lovely - very spacious and slightly quirky including breakfast provided in a small fridge with the addition of breakfast muffins hanging on your door handle when you return from dinner - lovely to not have to rush to breakfast. Will definitely be back.