“Fabulous, Fabulous.”
Review of Tannery Restaurant

Tannery Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Dungarvan
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Tannery Restaurant, Dungarvan, Co Waterford. Modern Irish Cooking. Chef/Owner Paul Flynn.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had waited some time to visit The Tannery and it was excellent and all I expected and hoped for.
Ate from the A La Carte menu on the two nights.Every morcel of food was simply delicious especially the crab creme brulee,guinea fowl, beetroot butter, desserts.... from start to finish on both evenings it was fab.
Lovely wines,pleasant staff, a great buzz and yet a relaxed ambience about the place.
A must ...will be back.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've already reviewed this restaurant before, but I felt my latest visit warranted a further review. I must start by saying that we thoroughly enjoyed every single morsel of food and that the beef short rib in particular was amazing. The presentation is excellent and the standard of service is usually excellent. However, on my latest visit there was a slip up somewhere and we were left without our main courses for over an hour. Once the problem was spotted I have to point out that it was handled in a most excellent manner. Maire, the chef's wife and maitre d' came over to us and sincerely apologised for the delay and genuinely impressed me with her manner. We thought nothing more of it, but when the bill arrived we weren't charged for any drinks whatsoever - wine, dessert wine, coffee - nothing. I was very impressed and this gesture more than made up for the restaurant's error. We'll be back - soon I hope!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate here on Sunday. I had the crab creme brulee, the hake and the orange cake with ice cream. From start to finish the food was just fantastic. I have given four stars as the service was quite as polished as it could/should have been. We will go back here for certain. The room itself is lovely and bright and the restaurant was full for Sunday Lunch. Looking forward to going back and eating here at night time. Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We recently had Sunday lunch at the Tannery, we were just passing through Dungarvan so hadn't booked a table. When we arrived the restaurant upstairs was full so we were offered seating at a bar table which was fine. We ate from the set Sunday Lunch menu, three courses and coffee included. The meal was excellent, for our mains we chose the Beef and the Pork which we both enjoyed not a scrap left on our plates. When we paid our bill we were asked where we were staying and offered a Good Food Guide, the young lady even offered suggestions of other places we might enjoy eating at as we explored during the rest of our holiday. We would definitely visit the Tannery again, I'd book next time so we could try the dinning room. Neither of us thought the meal expensive, we live in London and its on a par with those prices. You also get what you pay for.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went here while away for a few days with my husband and toddler. Was a little worried about being in a "fancy restaurant" with a restless 1 year old while trying to enjoy more than just a gobbled down meal. Fortunately, an early sitting combined with speedy service, and the food was so delicious that it kept our little one happy while we managed 5 courses between us. The atmosphere was lovely and the waiting staff knew the details of each dish without having to check with the kitchen, which having special dietary requirements was a welcome change.