“This is definately the place to stay in the South East of Ireland!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dungarvan
Kilcannon House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
Gunnison, Colorado
“This is definately the place to stay in the South East of Ireland!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Gertie was making her fabulous brown bread as we entered her lovely warm kitchen. She showed us to our room as Pat put the kettle on for our tea. The room was delightful. Clean, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. Before dinner we were given a fantastic cocktail made from elderberry juice and white wine. We sat in their lovely garden and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Our hosts joined us and Pat thrilled us with a history of the area. If anyone can tell a story he can. We decided to have dinner there as my sister had stayed there a couple of months before and she told me that Gertie's food was out of this world. The three course meal was absolutely delicious. Gertie is a pro in the kitchen. From the Zucchini Roulade to the Chicken Pascal and finishing with her Rhubarb Tart, our tastebuds were not disappointed. I woke up the next morning refreshed after a lovely nights sleep. What can I say about breakfast....well I'll never forget the oatmeal, brown sugar, whiskey and freshly whipped cream. I can still taste it. I bought a bottle of Powers whiskey in the airport as I knew I would have to duplicate it when I got home. All in all, we had a wonderful time at Kilcannon House Bed & Breakfast and when I return in two years time with my family I will definately stay with Pat and Gertie again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mid Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Pat and Gert were gracious hosts. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. We were greeted with a delicious tea with homemade rhubarb pie. The secret ingredient in the morning porridge made the entire stay worthwhile!

It is a little off the beaten path but the location is convenient for touring the south east. Close to Lismore Castle and the charming coastal town of Dungarvan.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
munster
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Last night, I stayed at Kilcannon House and I must say that it was a terrific experience. Pat and Gertie are so welcoming and hospitable, serving coffee and the most divine crumpets on arrival. The house is gorgeous, plush and comfortable. I slept the sleep of the dead in the East Wing bedroom. Breakfast was superb, pannacotta, fruit and nuts to start, followed by delicious porridge with whiskey, cream and brown sugar, and a lovely fry with three different types of bread and drop scones. It's a fabulous and relaxing spot. Make sure that you bring a big appetite with you!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
dublin
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We travelled to Dungarvan (family of 4) for one night. I feel like I have stumbled upon the best B&B in Ireland. Gertie and Pat Ormond made us feel like royalty. The BEST ever food I have ever had. Cant say enough good about this place. The rooms were just perfect, beautiful quality cotton sheets (ironed) and very comfortable beds. Our dog accompanied us also and made himself at home. As we were leaving, Gertie was so kind and packed some home made potatoe cakes and goodies for our eldest son who we were collecting in Ring. Superb Irish B&B experience and much much nicer than any hotel.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2010

If you love gourmet food, chat and plenty of local information, be sure to pay a visit to Gertie and Pat. Watch out for the porridge, it's got quite a kick ;). This is not your average b&b

Fabulous food, evening meal is a must!!! Thoroughly enjoyable visit.

• Stayed June 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Kilcannon House is a lovely place to stay. Being a small farm, it is an ideal setting. Gertie, our host, couldn't be more welcoming with a beautiful sponge cake made from her hens' eggs, on our arrival. Our breakfast was a treat with bowls of porrige transformed into a delight with a touch of Jameson's whiskey, brown sugar and cream! The Irish breakfast, following, was delicious. Gertie was a wonderful host and went beyond the call of duty by even ironing my husband's socks!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Our brief 3 day stay with Pat & Gertie was one of the most memorable ever experienced by my wife & I. From the perfect cosiness of their delightfull cottage to the mouth watering food delights served up to us by our gracious hosts - I can heartily recommend this "secret getaway" for anyone seeking warmth, hospitality & an personal welcome-ness that is all but not lost in modern Ireland. It fully excels in terms of value, satisfaction & eagnerness to return. Go there - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dungarvan
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
#1 of 15 in Dungarvan
Tannery Townhouse
Tannery Townhouse
#4 of 15 in Dungarvan

Been to Kilcannon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!