“Cycle Leitrim”
other travelers have booked this property
Best Sleep Ever Enjoy the View
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Best Sleep Ever
Enjoy the View
Relax and breathe the fresh air
Swanning around Leitrim
Calm day everyday
Rush Hour
Archaeology at the Geopark
Cook up some of the fabulous local ingredients
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Saint-Con...
Celbridge, Ireland
“Cycle Leitrim”
Reviewed March 1, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Location location location!!! Fantastic base to discover Leitrim by bike. Accommodation is cosy clean and comfortable. Eco-friendly with every modern convenience. Views from the apartment are amazing. Nuala is a great host and can provide you with maps and information on all there is to see and do in the area. Highly recommended

Mar 1, 2018
Ah so glad you enjoyed Leitrim and thanks for coming. Hope to see you back to try some of our new cycle routes!
chedoz
County Dublin, Ireland
“Tawnylust: An Excellent Relaxation Place”
Reviewed November 27, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My stay in Tawnylust this month is a salubrious and the experience will always remain in me.The beauties surrounding Tawnylust -the interior with clean and spacious Master bedroom, and a large living-room overlooking a green valley and hill. I used this room for my writing, reading and morning yoga.Good self-catering facilities.Outside the building you will fill yourself with natural beautiful environment, birds, trees and plants,and evergreen valley and hill of Leitrim.
The beauties of Tawnylust and treatment I received will always keep me longing for a return.

Your age range 35-49
Dec 6, 2017
It was lovely to have you stay and share your enthusiasm for our wonderful scenery in Leitrim, Ireland. Many thanks for the booking and look forward to seeing you again. Nuala
JillianMo...
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous quiet cosy place for a relaxing break.”
Reviewed November 8, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

I recently stayed at Tawny Lust Lodge with my daughter for a long weekend. It was a breath of fresh air. Nuala was very accommodating, she was extremely flexible about checking in and out which was great. No stress! Things certainly seem to move at a slower pace in Leitrim, so it was a very welcome change of pace.

Nuala had a lovely welcome basket waiting for us with jam, free-range eggs and chocolate when we arrived. There is tea, coffee and sugar in the cupboard so you don't have to worry about buying those things which is a really nice touch. She even had sweets left out for my daughter as it was Halloween weekend. Nuala knows everyone in the area as she is local to the area, so she will act as a type of concierge, if you wish. She's great at recommending things to do and see.

The view in the morning is unbelievable, as the property is south facing. It's just you and the sound of the birds chirping.

If you're staying here you probably would need a car to get around as public transport is limited given that it's a rural area. Everything is only a few minutes drive away though. Gurns bar in Manorhamilton does lovely food and is great for Guinness. There's loads of great free things for kids to do like : Troll Wood, Glencar Waterfall, and you can cycle the Shannon Blueway from Leitrim to Drumshanbo. I did it with my 7 year old and we had a great day. You can also hire bikes from Electric Bike Tours in Leitrim.

Luna in Dromahair is lovely for food, as is Hamiltons Castle Cafe. Parkes Castle is also nearby and is right on the lake overlooking the lake isle of inishfree. (Great if you are a WB Yeats fan) Bring your anoraks and wellies and lots of casual clothes. It's a hill walkers paradise . Two or three days here and you'll be extremely relaxed. I promise. I can't wait to go back as it was a great few days away and a much needed chance to recharge my batteries.

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for the review Jillian. Im so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Tawnylust Lodge and all the places you visited in Leitrim. It was lovely to meet you and your daughter. Thanks for coming. Nuala
Andi B
Montreal, Canada
“A Sparkling Jewel on the Emerald Isle”
Reviewed November 3, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

To an Irish visitor, the many of shades of green viewed from our Tawnylust Lodge retreat would not be unusual, but to two Canadian travelers, this unspoiled spot in the mystical emerald isle is a sparkling jewel.

On our first morning, we awoke to a vista of sheep dotting the pastureland surrounding the lodge, with a distant hill as a backdrop. As if trained by our host, the lovely Nuala McNulty, Mollie the cat hopped onto a fence post to nuzzle a sheep.

My fellow traveler chose the large bedroom with king-sized bed (which can be converted into two single beds) and I settled on the comfortable sofa bed in the front room with the view.

The full bath with a heated tile floor is a luxury for tired feet from hill walking and strolls along narrow country roads, and facing the brisk winds on the Wild Atlantic Way shore path.

Nuala’s home was designed to be a self-sustaining eco-system. The apartment has a fully-equipped kitchen where guests can microwave a quiche or lasagna from the local butcher shop or cook a gourmet meal. The apartment has its own private entrance and a patio to sit and just be ...

When not out walking, we visited the historic Rainbow Ball Room of Romance for an event, lunched at a castle in its early stages of restoration at Manorhamilton, were refreshed by a waterfall, were entertained at a music evening and listened to soulful balladeers tell their stories in song at a tiny local pub. Nuala was an amazing and helpful guide and interpreter.

We packed in many activities during our short stay, but there was still so much more to explore and enjoy. We left with a yearning to return and the hope that our memories will sustain us during our long, cold Canadian winters.

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for the review and your visit Andi. I'm so glad you enjoyed your 'taste ' of Leitrim, the Wild Atlantic Way and Ireland. It was a pleasure having you. Food for thought for a future visit I hope! Nuala
ianrea
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“So peaceful , with wonderful views.”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at this property on a number of occasions and every time it is always a wonderful experience. The area is great for walking plus , which i really enjoy, the scenery is breath taking
The host Nuala is very friendly and helpful , would strongly reccomend.

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for the review the booking. Hope to see you back again Nuala
tecmovie
County Dublin, Ireland
“Peace and Quiet”
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a lovely week in this quiet and peaceful place. Nuala couldn't have been kinder to us. She has a wealth of knowledge of local walks and mountain hikes and was more than willing to help in any way she could. The view from the living room is beautiful. There are many places of interest to visit within easy driving distance.
Thanks so much Nuala for a really great holiday.

Aug 29, 2017
So glad that you enjoyed your stay and the fabulous Leitrim hills and glens. Many thanks for coming. Nuala
l0werr0ss...
Sligo, Ireland
“Hidden Gem in North Leitrim”
Reviewed August 19, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Looking out the window in Tawnylust Lodge is a treat for the eyes and the soul, soft, green rolling hills, fluffy clouds with an ever changing sky. If I was never to move from the front window I would have felt revived after my stay there in June. The spic and span well equipped apartment is very comfortable and private and would more than satisfy any eco-conscience traveller. The ears were happy out as well with lots of bird song, wind in the trees as well as the odd cattle and sheep sounds. My main interest on this visit was the Burren in nearby Blacklion. I spent a day there walking with friends - stunning landscape, steeped in history with many wow moments. We had a coffee stop in the cafe at the Marble Arch caves and made our way home via the foot of Cuilcagh mountain and Cornagee back to Blacklion. Lots more to see and experience in the area, am looking forward to my next stay in Tawnylust.

Aug 23, 2017
Ah, you'd be welcome back at Tawnylust Lodge any time! Yes, the Cavan Burren and Cuilcagh Geopark are fantastic and so close by. Really appreciate your custom, many thanks, Nuala
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing