“Enjoyable Weekend at the Commercial”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Commercial and Tourist Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballinamore
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for the weekend. Overall an enjoyable experience. Our Room was large, clean and comfy. I had read complaints regarding the noise, but we didn't have this complaint as we were drinking in the front bar until all hours. Great atmosphere in general around the place. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Plan to return with a group of friends in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2009

Stayed here for a weekend in January.Lovely family run hotel which is very comfortable and above all is value for money.Checked in on the Friday and was sad to leave on the Sunday.Had a huge room with a massive bed.Had dinner beside an open log fire which was so so lovely.The food was beautiful it was real home cooked food that was so tasty.Had a few glasses of wine in the bar and I have to say the staff was very friendly and even introduced my partner and myself to a few of the locals.Breakfast was amazing,,a really well presented Full Irish which the locals seem to appreciate because the place was packed,My partner and I will most definitely returning for Paddy s day .I cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emmaOffaly
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Stayed here during Rally ireland and had a ball, great spot and great town in general,had read previous posts about noise on the saturday night due to the nightclub downstairs so asked for a double room on the third floor and slept like a baby, it was basic but clean which is all i could expect for 60 euro. Found the owners who operate the hotel to be very friendly, and gave lots of tips about where to view the rally. Only ate the breakfeast in the hotel which was huge and very nice, . Overall a good expierience with the staff more than helpful.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Zippy4
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I booked here on recommendation of friends in Ireland and my family & I could not have been happier. Our room was large, there was an updated bathroom, a new elevator, and hearty meals. Our favorite part of the trip was warming up by the fire at the end of the day and having a laugh with the locals. The staff here is excellent! They made us feel so welcome. They gave us suggestions on educational places to take our children, towns to see, and places to stop along the way. I will definitely be back for another stay!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank LongIslandAnn
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Glorified B&B until the niteclub kick's in on Saturday night.
No sleep until the DJ finish's.
Complained to managment who could'nt be bothered because I had paid in advance.
Steer clear

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank PudseyMeath
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Had a great time in this hotel during the local festival week, definitely the place to stay during this week (2nd week in August). Centre of all the action with the nightclub on the premises open every night. Grand hotel ,nice and clean nothing spectacular about it but has simple good food and a relaxed atmosphere. Good craic

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I was booked by a seperate body for a local event taking place. When I arrived at 10 o' clock that evening, I was greeted by a surly male "receptionist" dressed in t-shirt and sweat-pants. He immediately asked for my Visa and when I thought he was just going to swipe my card, it turns out he actually charged me before I had a chance to see my room. It was disgraceful, especially as it is supposed to be of three-star standards. I was staying by myself but when I reached the room, I was greeted by two tiny single beds. The room was dingy, faded wall paper, a gaping hole in the wall behind the door, no bedside lamp, broken chair, filthy bathroom, crummy carpets, the works. The view from the window was of the dumpsters behind the hotel and the noise outside was insufferable. I can't say what breakfast was like because I wouldn't risk it - I just booked out the next morning. Why is this supposed to be three stars? - Avoid, even if your life depends upon it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank Peter G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinamore
Bush Hotel
3 mi away
The Old Rectory B&B
The Old Rectory B&B
#3 of 5 in Ballinamore

Been to Commercial and Tourist Hotel? Share your experiences!