“Beautiful views and delightful service”
Review of Black Oak Restaurant - CLOSED

Black Oak Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Dined there recently and received excellent treatment from all staff on duty. View across the bay that evening was really special.

Had a crab tartlet for starters and a seafood bouillabaisse for main which were very good and everyone else at the table was happy with their choices.

Taxi or your own car needed to get there.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The restaurant had the reputation to be good and expensive. That was only partly true. The 5 course dinner was excellent, but I could not find the expensive side at all. Just an average price, so good value for money

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Whilst on holidays in Milltown Malbay we visited the Black Oak with high expectations having heard such good reports of it from locals who held it in high regard. We were far from disappointed and were delighted with our meal from start to finish. This is high quality food beautifully presented and it tastes just as good as it looks! Staff are friendly and attentive.
I had goats cheese parfait (so tasty) and my boyfriend had the crab tartlet. For mains I had the duck and he the Sirloin Angus beef (very generous portion) each dish accompanied with plenty of veg. We followed this up with the baileys and white chocolate cheese cake with Guinness foam......just gorgeous! Although the restaurant was busy we couldn't have been better looked after. All this as we watched the sun set - The perfect evening.

1  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff are very helpfull and friendly. We had a few who had diet related requests and they were very helpful in accomodating their requests.
The food was very tasty. All in all an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dined with a group of 6 friends at the Black Oak last week and we are still talking about the food, the service, the ambience in fact everything!! Emily and her staff could not have been more friendly, helpful and welcoming. Both the food and presentation of the food was superb. Being coeliac I contacted the Black Oak beforehand to ensure they could cater for me and they did just that. I was spoilt with hot gluten free bread (so I didn't feel left out when the rest were diving into their beautiful basket of breads), a special sauce for my main course and even a gluten free cookie with my dessert. All in all, it was a fab night enjoyed by all the party and we felt it was The Black Oak returned to its former glory. Thanks to Emily, Aidan and all at The Black Oak and continued success in the future - we will be back.....August 2012

1  Thank AMGREERCASEY