“Exquisite”

The Old Bake House
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was mouth watering and the service was excellent. An absolute must if you are in the location. The best restuarant I've ever had the pleasure to dine in.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had excellent lunch in old bakehouse today, first visit and will be back. Chef willingly made a delicious tapas for us, in my opinion this tapas was "way ahead" of tapas we had in Spain recently (the home of tapas). Mouth watering desserts, coffees, cappaccinos, etc. cost was very reasonable, staff friendly and very helpful. In my opinion this is one of the reasonably priced restaurants in north Clare.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Chef's tapas plate for 2 people at €18 total has to be the best value you can get. Delicious prawns with chorizo, Thai fish cakes, St Tola goat's cheese bruscetta, baby barbecue ribs and hummus with salsa and olives. And toasted country bread. Fantastic! Completely full and satisfied at hte end of the meal.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We attended a special wedding in miltown malbay prior to Christmas and the bake house was the venue for the sit down part of the reception. We were greeted on arrival by Irene who runs a fantastic front of house operation. Herself and the girls are so friendly and helpful it makes the whole eating experience a joy.
Her partner Eddie is in the kitchen producing amazing dishes that I would return For day in day out.
I had the halibut for the wedding meal and duck the following evening when we returned for more...both meals out of this world, the halibut a perfect choice for a wedding meal this time of year as we all know what you could expect in some hotels for the main course. Lovely and light with a wonderful lobster bisque, the duck then was pure comfort food, much needed after the previous nights indulgences.
Top class restaurant, punching well a I've its weight

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My hubby and I called on this restaurant a few weeks ago. We hadn't been there in ages. It did not disappoint. We got a great welcome as usual from Irene. The food from Eddie the chef was exceptional as usual. My hubby had the duck, he thought it the best he had in ages. I had the chicken kiev, it was delicious. The fresh vegetables were so good that we got second helpings. we didn't have room for desert this time round. The only negative is that the restaurant was a little cold with only one heater at the door being visible. I know that this is minor and if we told Irene she would have got us a heater...... We didn't want to make a fuss. We will definitely return. Great value for money.