“Fab food and service”
Review of The Old Bake House

The Old Bake House
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ennis, Ireland
“Fab food and service”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My hubby and I called on this restaurant a few weeks ago. We hadn't been there in ages. It did not disappoint. We got a great welcome as usual from Irene. The food from Eddie the chef was exceptional as usual. My hubby had the duck, he thought it the best he had in ages. I had the chicken kiev, it was delicious. The fresh vegetables were so good that we got second helpings. we didn't have room for desert this time round. The only negative is that the restaurant was a little cold with only one heater at the door being visible. I know that this is minor and if we told Irene she would have got us a heater...... We didn't want to make a fuss. We will definitely return. Great value for money.

• Visited November 2012

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Multiple Meals, All Great!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently visited this fun town. I had heard that the Old Bake House was the place to go for a great meal for a good price. Ed the chef was excellent, my friend who enjoys food to the highest of levels requested a special meal. Ed was very accommodating working with him fully. We showed up and enjoyed a feast for a king. Steak, lamb shank and lobster that melt in our mouths. The accompaniment of vegetables were also great. I was to full so I declined on dessert. Two of my friends went for it though and gave it two thumbs up. I almost forgot the service, also top notch. When you are done enjoy a beer at one of the many pubs.

• Visited December 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Lovely”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went for a quick Sunday lunch the other week with friends. I wasn't feeling great and so I didn't want to eat much. I requested a sandwich, which isn't on the Sunday lunch menu but none the less one was made for me, which made me very happy. Staff were lovely and I love the decor. I've been several times before and will likely be back again soon

Visited November 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Great food in an unlikely location”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were staying at the Armada hotel for a weekend last April and we tried this restaurant on our second night there. It was great. I got the mussels and duck. Neither disappointed. I love duck and this was one of the best duck, of not the best, that I've ever had. I'll be returning to try it out again soon. Restaurant staff were great also. They were very friendly and the service was great. Sorry it took me so long but thanks guys :) You're one of the few restaurants to whom I've ever given full marks on everything.

• Visited April 2012
BakehouseRestaurant, Owner at The Old Bake House, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Club 35,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our restaurant. You certainly know your stuff, all our food is locally sourced by Eddie Keane, my partner and resident chef owner. He's been a chef and lover of food for 35 years.
I was also very happy about the comments you make regarding the service you received from our front of house staff. They are lovely!
Best regards,
Irene
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Better even than the reviews”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A wonderful surprise in an unlikely location .Exceptional food fairly priced and well presented.All 4 of our party with very divergent tastes were very satisfied.I am a foody and I loved the place!

Visited April 2012