Just back home after a brill week in lake Garda. This hotel is one I highly recommend. Firstly the location is perfect for travelling as it is beside the rail station.....we went to Verona for the day and you can go to Venice from here. If travelling by train from bergamo airport via Brescia again you are so lucky as the hotel is at the door nearly of the station. Some train stations have a bad image / reputation as having an undesirable ambience and activity level about them. The ambience is lovely, the area very safe and noise not an issue.
There are many buses which travel from outside the hotel one being the free bus to gardaland. The bus around the lake e.g. To serimione and bordilino all leave from bottom of this street about 3 minutes walk away.
The port in peschiera is about 7 minutes walk from hotel on the edge of the old town.
Handy handy handy!
Only criticism, no swimming pool but we swam twice in the lake in serimione, found beach to the right at End of our street not great to swim in.
The rooms in hotel are clean, spacious, well serviced, very comfortable, we had a large balcony which we requested and a great safe in the room. Breakfast was 730 to 10 and was typically continental, well stocked and fresh.
I recommend eating in the evening in the hotel as food was tasty, well priced and service was good. Sometimes hotel food is seen to be more expensive than restaurants, well not this one.
We hired a moped from a place recommended to us by the hotel receptionist, it was at end of street at gas station. A German man runs it, he is great and is very safety conscions. He gave us route recommendations into the countryside to see vineyards and visit little unknown towns so we followed his itinery to San leoni, villaggio and then onto serimione for a dip.....what a day we had. Moped virgins at 49 and we will be back for more.
Verona is a Good day trip, it is 20 mins on the train. Do go and get train timetables day before you go as price of intercity train to Verona is 9.50 one way and regional train is 1.45 each way ! Very little time difference. Go early to get tickets, be warned as we nearly missed a train and there is considerable times between each. Go to the opera if there, we got tickets in uncredited bank in town for bout 19euro and seats were good. Opera is Long!, from 9.15pm to 1am but worth it. We booked a bus home, it leaves 1/2 hr after opera ends, receptionist will give you more info. Bring a picnic, no glass bottles!
Gardaland....great day. There is recession on in Italy too as is evident in lack of crowds for July. Posts from last year had me begging the others to book fast passes to avoid the queues. DO NOT GET THEM AS QUEUES WERE MINIMAL. Get the app which gives you info on queue times. We waited at most 15 mins but generally 3-10 mins which is fantastic for a theme park. We brought a picnic but food was not overly dear in the park. Lucky we did not book fast passes.
My goodness I could rant on and on but will end now! Enjoy :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated with its strategic location, Hotel Garden has all the features for a pleasant holiday on Lake Garda. The Hotel is located just a few meters away from the train station (20 meters) where the free shuttle buses depart for the parks: GARDALAND (1.5 Km), MOVIELAND (4 Km) and the bus lines and taxi service which can quickly and conveniently reach the many attractions of the area, such as PARCO NATURA VIVA (10 Km), PARCO SIGURTA' (12 Km) and the cities of VERONA (20 km) and MANTOVA (38 Km). Also within walking distance (900 meters) are the historic town center of Peschiera del Garda and the beaches of Lake Garda. If you need to stay in Peschiera del Garda for health reasons, the "DR. PEDERZOLI" PRIVATE CLINIC is located just 500 meters from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Hotel Peschiera Del Garda
- Hotel Garden Lake Garda/Peschiera Del Garda, Italy