“Jewel among the restaurants”
Review of Osteria Goto

Osteria Goto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I read about this restaurant here at tripadvisor and wanted to try it because of all the positive reviews and boy we were not disappointed. The food was amazing. I had some french fish and I have never tasted anything better. The sauce was something and the texture of the fish was wow. My creme brulee was a piece of art and even better it also tested wonderful.

When we got to the restaurant we were the only customers and this went on for about an hour but it didn't bother. We just felt bad for the staff. It is a bit more expensive than other reastaurants in the town but well worth visiting.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The wife and I paid a lunchtime visit here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we were not disappointed. The menu was small but the quality of the food was excellent. I had a beautiful plate of garganelli pasta with courgette flowers and prosciutto. It was cooked to perfection. The wife had a plate of spaghetti with baby tomatoes and aubergines, topped with shredded salted ricotta cheese. The combination of the sweetness from the tomatoes and the saltiness of the ricotta enhanced the flavour of the dish. We will be going back for more the next time we are in the Garda region :-)

1  Thank richardroma
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in the area for 2 weeks and visited many great restaurants, but none matched Osteria Goto. Make a beeline for this, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went there with 3 little kids (including a 4-month old)... We went there for dinner because we found that in Tripadvisor as the top in this little town. Since we went there without reservation, we were arranged to be sat at the back of the restaurant... obviously if we could have sat outside, it would be great as it was a nice summer night. Food were all good. We ordered a specialty dish... fish risotto. it was nicely done.. highly recommended! Others were above average... the only negative thing was that the portion of the house wine (by glass, as i was the only one drinking... my wife needed to drive all of us back to hotel which was far away) was not too generous. Other than that, food, atmosphere and service were all great.

1  Thank zayababy
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant after Tripadvisor review.

Service slow, food lovely, wine list extensive, menu options limited!

Probably not the best place to visit with young kids, as menu limited (no pizza/chips) but my wife and I had the most lovely steak strips, roast potatoes ever and Italian red wine!

1  Thank NITraveller