“Facilities good, staff nice, location is excellent but noisy and had to park 300metres from the lodge”

Camping Bella Italia
Kent, uk
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have used other Thompson Al Fresco sites in France and they are way superior to this. We had to park a third of a kilometre from the lodge despite there being parking spaces near by. The lodges are very close together so you can hear every word spoken in the lodge behind yours. Having said that, the location is great with the lake just outside the site and the town is only a few minutes walk away. Would I go again - probably not, I'd rather use a site that lets me park near the lodge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank DigitalDawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Camping Bella Italia in October 2012 when the kids attended a football tournament. We stayed in the bungalows and it was as expected. In fact it was better than expected because everything worked perfectly (there was even hot water in the shower!). There was a possibility to cook basic meals (although only 2 plates and no oven), but we never tried this as meals were included in the deal. The meals were in the restaurant just next door, and wasn't exactly "haute cuisine"; but then again, they had to do 1900 servings as part of the football tournament every meal - and in that light it was OK. Barely.

We were told that the site can accomodate 25.000 people in the summer - and if that is the case I'm not sure I would like it so much. This has nothing to do with the facilities, though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Liquigas
Derby
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed here on two occasions, September 2009 and more recently in September 2012.

There is nothing I can fault about this camp site. We stayed both times with KeyCamp and had a trouble free relaxing stay each time. The caravans are great, are very clean, have all the mod cons and are a great price.

On our recent visit I took my young son who was only 9 months at the time. The caravan had a Travel cot, Baby bath, Highchair, Potty (bit premature!) and decking gate to stop him escaping provided all at no extra cost. You can either take your on linen or pay extra to have them provided, each time we chose to take our own but I guess its personal preference.

The site itself is fantastic. There is so much to do with a huge selection of pools, tennis courts, basketball courts etc. It is right on the edge of the lake and only a 20 walk into Peschiera town. The on-site facilities are great which include a supermarket, greengrocers, cafe and restaurants, sports bar and ice cream parlour which we used most days. The Terraza restaurant overlooking the lake served excellent pizzas at a good price.

There are plenty of facilities for children, with a little funfair which is open in the evenings and entertainment put on for them every night by the main pool area.

I have read some reviews about the camp being far too busy, especially around the pools. I have never found this to be a problem so I guess it is a seasonal thing.

Peschiera is only a short bus or train ride away from Verona. We travelled there for a day by bus (very busy) but the stop is right outside the Bella Italia entrance, and very reasonably priced. You can buy tickets on the bus but this is generally frowned upon so I would buy beforehand, and we got ours for the on-site Tobacconist. Peschiera is also only 1.5 hours by train away from Venice. On both visits I have found the trains to be very punctual and reasonably priced, but if you use these don’t forget to validate your ticket before you get on the train, the same goes for the buses.

Gardaland and the Sealife Centre were also easily reachable with a free bus from Peschiera Train Station. We haven’t visited Gardaland but did visit the Sealife centre which my son loved. The only thing that disappointed me was that buggies aren’t allowed inside so we had to carry our son the whole time.

On both trips to Peschiera my husband and I have hired one of the speed boats for an hour on the lake, I would highly recommend it’s the most fun I’ve ever had! We have also used the ferry to visit some of the towns north of Peschiera, I would recommend a trip to Lazise, Sirmione and Garda.

All in all I would 100% recommend a holiday at Bella Italia and we plan to make a third trip back there in the next few years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank K8schumi
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were a little unsure before comming here but in hindsight I dont know why!! So convenient to get to, on the main Milan Venice train line. It ocst us €5.25 for the 2 of us to take tha train there!!! Very efficient check in and out... Lovely restaurants and bars on site. There is so much to do here, for all ages. Lots of pools and activities, fabulous weather as ever in Italy. Only a short strole to town.... So many positives. Cannot understand how people would be unhappy with this Camp site and all it has to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Glenofthedowns123
Ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to Bella Italia for 2 weeks at the beginning of July with our 2 children, aged 9 and 7.
Firstly we had to queue 1.5 hours to check into the place in the mad heat!
Arrived at our Eurocamp Eclipse mobile and it was fabulous and very spacious, eventhough the neigbours were on top of us. - No privacy at all
Having stayed in other campsites before, I just found Bella Italia way to big and busy. Queues everywhere.
Re swimming pools, had to have towels on beds each morning at 9am - otherwise there would be no beds for the day. Also very crammed down at pools with sun beds literally on top of each other.
The restaurants on the site were all lovely and we hired bikes for the 2 weeks and went into Peschaira most nights.
I would recommend you hire bikes from the shop accross the road from the campsite as it's half the price compared to the hire in the actual campsite. Also the man that runs the cycle hire shop in the campsite is very rude.
Onsite supermarket was fine and reasonable priced.
Went afew evenings to Gardaland and it was fantastic - much cheaper to go in the evenings and not as busy, but please have your taxi booked to come home as there is no taxi rank when you come out and you could be waiting 2 hours for a taxi to return for you.

other advice re Bella Italia is make sure you have a mobile with Air Conditioning as we had. We met a family who arrived and could not even stay in the mobile one night due to heat, they had to pay 1,300 Euro to hire a bungalow for the week with Air Con!!!

The kids had lots of activities to do all day and the staff in the kiddies club were very nice. Football, Archery, Basketball - you name it, it was happening here.

We did have a good holiday but I have been to better campsites in Lake Garda.

Room Tip: Make sure you have Air Con!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank alimcc
Deva, Romania
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We spent a week at the end of September beginning of October. Although at first I was little disagreement on accommodation then everything went fine , staff very helpful. Is an excellent place to base out around the lake especially if the weather is bad, we visited by car: Verona, Sirmione, Peschiera ,Garda ... also until Peschiera are about 20 minutes walk easily on a beautiful alley on the lake. Last 4 days was 26-27 Celsius warm and we enjoyed the pool area, ideal for children. We were accommodated in villas tip Lavanda upstairs with balcony, pretty small but clean, tastefully and equipped with everything you need. All the camping is very clean, quiet and guarded. I must say the thing that made ​​our doughter very happy : mini disco every night and how fun dealt with children a very pretty blonde lady. Many playgrounds are designed for children, some with money and other free. Mention pizza and ice cream eaten campsite and set of swans and wild ducks at the lake out doors , feeding swans as favorite occupation of our daughter Sofia.We felt good , we liked and want to return in next years !
Grazie Bella Italia !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Criss_7
Ireland
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We travelled here on 15th Sept for 1 week. 2 adults a 3 yr old and baby. The site is huge but we had a very central location to the pools, restaurants and the lake. We stayed in a 3 bedmobile home which was very clean and adequate. This site is in an excellent location with a short stroll into pescheira along the lake. Lots of facilities for the 3 yr old swimming pools, slides, play areas with bouncy castles he had a great time. We would definately return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
La Rocca Camping Village
La Rocca Camping Village
#1 of 40 in Bardolino
Camping San Benedetto Il Vecchio Mulino
Camping San Benedetto Il Vecchio...
#11 of 32 in Peschiera del Garda

Been to Camping Bella Italia? Share your experiences!