I found the Relais Villa L'Olmo using the Fodors guide, and I was extremely impressed with everything about our stay. The price was cheaper than anything else on our trip to Italy, and it was by far the best. The pool was beautiful overlooking the olive, fig, and peach trees, with nobody else there! Eleonora at the front desk was EXTREMELY nice, and so was Claudia the owner via email and phone.
They only have 2 nights available, as we wanted 4. Due to this, they recommended their Florence location, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni, and even offered us a ride over if we needed!
Anyways, as I had been carying my fiance's ring through Italy, this seemed to be the perfect place to propose! After an extremely romantic walk down to their restaraunt (I Cavallacci I beleive?), with some amazing linguini white clam, pizza, and house white (making it one of our signature 2 bottle nights), I proposed ourside at the lit up pool. We relaxed outside until about 2AM when they turned the lights off on us.
Again, cannot recommend this place enough! Room was spacious, beds comfy, quick ride to Firenze, oozes romance :)
Email me anytime with questions or for more photos!
-Adam & Jill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the Chianti - Just 15 minutes from Florence Situated on the outskirts of a quaint village by the name of Impruneta, the Relais Villa l'Olmo is perched on a hill dotted with grey olive trees, overlooking the Chianti valley. Lying a mere 10 kilometres from the city of Florence and 20-minute drive from its airport, a 10-minute drive from the main road to Siena and from the A1 motorway linking Milan to Rome, this is the ideal location for relaxing in the Tuscan countryside without forfeiting the chaotic bustle of Florence. While the city can be reached by public transportation every 30 minutes, the village centre is a 5-minute stroll from the Relais, where the Tuscan culinary delicacies can be savoured in typical trattorias. Nestled in a 70-hectar landscape of rolling hills, the 16th-century Relais mirrors the careful renovation completed in 2001, work that was painstakingly undertaken to preserve the original architectural structure. In addition to the 8 apartments, 2 cottages and farmhouse available for guests, the property encompasses vineyards, olive groves, the owners' private residence and an operating farm. The big pool area is surrounded by white sand that combines with the green valley and its olive trees and vineyards offering a beautiful view on the valley. In the gardens and Barbecue gardens the Relais Guests will enjoy their evenings under the Tuscan sky whilst preparing the specialties of the region.The Relais offers also a Fitness-room well equipped with Technogym fitness equipment and massages or sessions with a personal trainer can be booked anytime on request of the guests. Breakfast can be booked on request and it's served in an ancient charming Farm Loggia. The village, at just 3 minutes walking distance, make the shopping and alimentary needs an experience and guests should not miss to explore the small and traditional shops. The Reception is available every day from 8.30Am to 7.30Pm for any information and bookings that make the guests' stay as pleasant as possible (museums' entrance tickets, tours and wine-tastings reservations, tee-times bookings, babysitting service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Relais Villa L'Olmo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Villa l`Olmo Hotel Impruneta
- Relais Villa L'Olmo Impruneta, Italy