“great food and service”

Ristorante Montebuoni
Reserve with
Ristorante Montebuoni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Impruneta
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Montebuoni The restaurant is a quiet corner in the hills around Florence that 'primarily' kidnapped some years ago Emilio Marchitti, chef established by a career of over 35 years, almost all spent in Tuscany at the best hotels and restaurants in Florence and surroundings .The creative cuisine of Emilio, a restored environment, an outstanding view over the valley of Greve, a beautiful terrace overlooking the countryside of Florence.
Philadelphia USA
“great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was staying at Villa Murray B@B and the restaurant was recommended by . the hostess. The road to the restaurant was beautiful though it is probably hard to get there without a car. The service was great. We were served by two waiters and got very warm and professional service.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank vickyklo

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Just love that Emilio and his ristorante”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had the pleasure of dining at Ristorante Montebuoni as part of an Insight Tour Group in September. The setting is just "Pure Tuscany", the ambience so welcoming and attractive, and the food - " assolutamente bellissimo" (I'm showing off here). Emilio actually demonstrated the preparation of and cooked a Zuchinni Flower Risotto and a "Squashed Black Grape Cake" , which we were able to taste at the end of our dinner, and both were "bellissimo". Not only that, he very generously printed out the recipes for us.

Not only is Emilio a great chef and host, but he is a lovely man. I stupidly left my jacket at the hilltop restaurant and he went out of his way to bring it into the hotel in Florence that same night, after his restaurant closed.

If you are visiting Florence, this Australian can't recommend Ristorante Montebuoni highly enough.

Bless you Emilio and also your wonderful staff.

• Visited September 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Should be #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting in early October with and Insight group. In planning the trip to Italy, I hesitated about spending 116 Euros for a dinner but am delighted that I did. The dining experience was one of the high lights of the tour of Italy. We were so impressed with Chef Emilio, the food and the service. The view was wonderful!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jacks0n94
Charlotte, NC
“Wonderful Tuscan Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ate at Montebuoni with an Insight Tour group. Emilio put on a cooking demonstation for Risoto with Asparagus and a grape dessert. Both were excellent. The whole meal was fabulous from the antipasti to the mixed grill main course. Of course the risoto was the best I have ever had. The restuarant is in the hills about 30 minutes from Florence but is certainly worth the trip. The view at night from the terrace is excellent. Service mirrored the excellence of the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rfenton231
Nice, France
“Very bad experience in Florence”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to eat in this restaurant as we slept in the hotel next door - Villa Ambrosina.
We had a very bad experience dining in this restaurant, first we received the antipasti that was three small pieces of dried ham and 3 pieces of bread with something on them, tasted like it was in the fridge for several days before.
Then, we ordered lasagnas which were really really oily, and tasted not that good.
As a dessert we took a tiramisu which were the only good thing.
The atmosphere was not nice as we were the only clients except a big group of people. Waiter was not friendly at all.
Finally we paid a price that didn't correspond to what we ate (more than 40 euros for 2 small lasagnas, one antipasti and one tiramisu, not even wine!). We could compare this dinner with others in Florence which were much better.
Back home I am very surprised to find good comments on this restaurant. We felt really disappointed and won't recommend this restaurant at all.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lisa m
montebuoni, Proprietario at Ristorante Montebuoni, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Good morning Ms Lisa,
I’m Emilio, chef and owner of Ristorante Montebuoni.
Thanks a lot for taking some of your time to write a review of my restaurant. Well, to be honest i would have preferred to read something nicer about us but unfortunately i’ve seen that you haven’t had a good experience at all. Truthfully, as it’s wonderful to receive compliments, to read such a bad comment to me it’s like a sword straight through my heart…because it’s with my heart that i do my job. I’m really really sorry you didn’t enjoy your dinner here but as i have already said in another answer to a “poor” review, it’s only from criticism that we can grow.
However, i’m glad you at least appreciate our Tiramisù!
-About the Antipasto Toscano; I use only genuine local products and in the plate i put fresh Finocchiona, Salame Toscano, Prosciutto Crudo Casalingo and Buristo, that is considered a Tuscan delicacy. Together with the cold cuts i serve three warm “Crostini” with different toppings:Toscan sausage and Stracchino cheese, green and black olive patè and the Traditional chicken liver patè, all home made.
-About my Lasagna, sincerely i’ve always received only compliments for it and if you see some olive oil in your plate separated from the rest of the sauce that’s a sign of freshness of the meat and a sign of a well-made ragu, but if you didn’t like it there’s no discussion about tastes!
-The waiting staff: we are not a family business but we are like a family since we have been working together for about 20 years. As the owner, I am very proud of my guys because I have always received good feedback about their standard of service, but most of all for their friendliness. I spoke to them about the evening in which you dined with us and they were sorry to hear that you didn’t feel at home; a feeling which they normally succeed in transmitting to our guests.
- Last but not least, the price you paid: About that I would like to say that, even if it shouldn’t happen, unfortunately it can happen that a guest doesn’t like a dish and when it happens we just make another one or we make something else without charging any extra cost ( I do not think that that i am doing something special, for me it is just what a restaurant should do). So if you had have mentioned to your waiter that you were not satisfied with your meal, he would have certainly changed it for you because, at the end of the day, our aim is to have happy customers who are totally satisfied. Unfortunately we had no way of knowing, at the time, that you were not satisifed as you didn’t mention anything to the waiter and the amount of food left on your plates did not leave us to suspect that you didn’t like the dish. So we charged for what you had: 1 antipasto Euro 9, 2 lasagne Euro 18, 1 tiramisu Euro 6, 1 bottle of water Euro 3 and 2 cover charge Euro 4 for a total amount of exactly Euro 40.
Anyway I thank you again for your comments and I look forward to being able to change your opinion of my restaurant on a return visit.
Best regards,