“Great value. Great pizza. Lovely terrace.”
Review of Il Porrina

Il Porrina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a great meal here with my wife and son. A lovely warm evening and we ate on the terrace. Very busy which is a testament to the great value, good food at this gem. The pizza was really very good. A lovely crisp base, hot and tasty topping. Staff is very friendly and made our evening a lovely one.

2  Thank MikeFB
There are newer reviews for Il Porrina

Reviewed July 4, 2013

In june we came back to Casole d'Elsa and our first evening we came as ever to Il Porrina.
We were not disappointed and came back later in the week trying different dishes.
So my first review still counts. I don't understand the review below from Romanyb: I've never met the owner, the restaurant is family-owned.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We ordered apero which was fine and then we ordered the antipasti, 2 wines and another apero. The antipasti was okay... A lot of meat and 1 cheese. But the wine never came only the apero and after drinking it I realized there was a black thing that looked like a maggot or mothball in it. We returned it to the owner who didn't even give me a discount. We are all sick at the thought of ever going back.

IL P, Proprietario at Il Porrina, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

what in your glass was just a pigeon poop, and if you were sitting under our umbrella instead of walking down the street with your phone and the glass, the pigeon would have chosen another destination! it is not our fault for what happened, the nature is strange and even you, if you think that we have included strange things into your Aperol spritz!!!

then, you haven't paid the spritz, and in addition to the discount, I had to give you dinner to have not negative reviews???????????????????????????? it's ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lovely lunch on a nice covered terrace. We started with some delicious bruschetta. I had to order the spaghetti carbonara vegeteriana because it's so unusual to see anything on Italian menus that vary from the usual combination of ingredients. It was delicious.

The server was very welcoming and attentive to us. The restaurant managed to accommodate one in our party whose food allergies ruled out most Italian dishes.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Since a couple of years we visit casole d'Elsa and never gorget to come to Il Porrina. The pastas and pizza are so good the last time we went there for 3 times . Need I say more.
Nor only the food, also the people working there always try to make you feel happy by being really interested in you.
We will be back when we visit Tuscany.

1  Thank AteZuidhorn