Castello Banfi is a magical place nestled in the hills of Tuscany. The 14 rooms are located in a castle on the winery and have vast views of gorgeous vineyards and green rolling hills. The food is amazing. For dinner, the 5 course wine pairing dinner at the Taverna is a must. It gives you the opportunity to sample the wide range of Banfi wines, all the way from the Rosso di Montalcino to the Brunello di Montalcino along with their own BelNero blend among others. The wine tasting at the Enoteca is a fun way to taste the differences in their range of wines. I would suggest doing the wine tour prior to the tasting so you can see and understand all the love that goes into producing the wine. Their generous breakfast includes fresh pastries, cheeses, meats, eggs and fruit. Make sure to taste the aged balsamic Salsa Etrusca...a delicious delicacy! Lunch is available as well or can be brought to you at the pool. You might not expect this in Italy, but my husband even said it was the best Turkey Club Sandwich he has ever had!
The service at the hotel was excellent and the staff was always friendly and willing to provide directions or make reservations. The pool is calming and private with breathtaking views. We slept great all 3 nights as it was always quiet, the air conditioning worked perfectly and probably because our 2 young children were not with us! At first we were disappointed that the gym barely exists, but then again.. who really works out on vacation? Plus there are miles to walk on surrounding the vineyards if you want to go for a long walk or run. Most of the time we were busy visiting other places in the area. The town of Montalcino is charming and it is fun to do the Brunello tasting in the fortress, followed by dinner in town. Montalcino is about 25 minutes away and Pienza, another lovely medieval town, is about 40 minutes away. Castello Banfi is a bit challenging to find so make sure you enter Poggio alle Mura into your GPS. This place should be on everyone's bucket list!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 2 Deluxe Rooms and 12 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino