While many reviewers have lauded the setting, the service and the wine - all of which are superb - our fondest memory of Castello Banfi will always be the hours we spent cooking with Chef Samuele Scinardo. His cuisine is delightful in the restaurant, but his delightful, patient personality makes even the clumsiest cook achieve greatness. He guided us through the preparation of a four course meal, and then we got to eat it accompanied by the appropriate Banfi wines, of course. It was simply terrific and we'd do it again in a heartbeat! Thank you, Samuele!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino