OMG! Wow! Tuscany has long been on my bucket list, so when my husband surprised me by telling me to plan a trip there for my birthday, I selected Castello Banfi from reading all the wonderful trip advisor reviews. We were bowled over by the beauty of the region while traveling by car to get to the estate. Upon driving up the long, tree lined driveway it became apparent that this was going to be a special place. It is a very private location. You must ring the bell at the gate to speak with Reception and they immediately send the porter on small cart to open gate, load your luggage and transport you to the reception area. Our reservations were made at the end of their season, therefore, we were given an upgrade to a gorgeous suite overlooking the vast acres of hills of vineyards into the valley. It was hard to leave our beautiful suite - it was just too perfect and too easy to linger. This was an excellent place to use as a base to travel to the historical towns of Tuscany. Some of those easily accessed from Castello Banfi are Montalcino, Pienze and Montepulciano. Also, the Val d'Orcia is moments away and as an UNESCO site, one of the most gorgeous vistas on the planet. Getting back to Castello Banfi, dinner at their lovely restaurant was wonderful. We had a five course tasting menu with paired wines on our first night there and it was the best meal of our trip. Better than any dinner we had in Florence. It was so good, we decided to eat there on our 2nd night, a la carte, and we were not disappointed. Awesome food and service. Of course, there is also the tasting room within steps of the restaurant which has got to be the most lovely tasting venue in Tuscany. Castello Banfi mails the wine back to the states. Try the Italian blends flight. Heaven. Already planning next trip there, only this time with my lady friends because Castello Banfi offers a great package to do culinary lessons at local farmhouses, simple Tuscan food. Can't wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 2 Deluxe Rooms and 12 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino