Our three night stay at this beautiful castle hotel was the highlight of our two week trip to Umbria and Tuscany. We stayed in room #15 and it could not have been lovelier, with a bedroom, spacious living room and two full bathrooms. The staff is wonderful - from the concierge, to the hotel director, to the staff in the dining room - they were more than helpful and gracious. We had two dinners at La Taverna and both were absolutely fabulous, but the wine tasting dinner exceeded all our expectations. The Banfi wines and olive oil were excellent. The setting, overlooking the vineyards and olive trees, was like a dream come true. There were many extras, including a delicious complimentary breakfast each morning, and wine in the library in the afternoon. Our day trips to Montepulciano, Pienza and Montalcino were easy drives, but very glad we had a GPS. If you want to splurge on one fabulous hotel during a trip to Tuscany, I would vote for this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Wine Resort in the famous Brunello di Montalcino Wine Region-Extraordinary Countryside Tuscan Experience-Nestled against a Medieval Castle located in the middle of a privately owned 7100 acres Nice&professional staff very knowledgeable of the best attractions of the area-Extremely large bedrooms and bathrooms, both with great views-Very Exclusive Property consisting of only 9 Rooms & 5 Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Castello Banfi - Il Borgo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Banfi - Il Borgo Hotel Montalcino
- Castello Banfi Il Borgo Montalcino