We stayed at Il Cantuccio di Alina for 4 nights in June. We had been to Montalcino before, but wanted something with a little more room - the apartment on the 2nd floor is perfect. We had the entire floor - bedroom, living room, dining room, small kitchenette, bathroom and terrace (the best part). Alina is very welcoming!! But I believe in being honest with a review, because I depend on other reviewers to do the same. I cannot rate this a 5 because:
1) This is not a B & B as I was led to believe in e-mails with Alina's interpreter. I was told that the price included breakfast items which would be supplied. They were not, except for expresso coffee. There is a little store at the end of the block where we purchased breakfast items.
2) Alina is a real sweetheart, but she does not speak English, so if you need help from your host with reservations, etc., this will be difficult. We had been to Montalcino before, so we knew the restaurants and wineries that we wanted to visit.
3) There is no wifi. We went to a couple of the cafes in town to get wifi hook-ups.
4) Parking is provided, but you are on your own in finding a space. We suffered a parking ticket the first night because we were told it was safe to park in a spot - it wasn't. After paying the ticket, we inquired from the police as to the lots where parking would be safe - behind city hall, and also below the tennis courts. If you know where to park, this won't be an issue.
Even with these "negatives, " we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a wonderful Tuscany, a comforting B&B, in the heart of Montalcino.An ancient house, composed from two apartments with pleasant rooms with panoramic sight.It's located in excellent position to visit the historical centre and to be able to reach and enjoy near city and all the wonder that the Tuscany offers. ... more less