“Half Day Winery Tour”
Review of Taste Tuscany

Taste Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Lessons - Learn to cook traditional Tuscan recipes including home made pasta - under the guidance of experienced Tuscan cooks. A very hands on experience for cooks of all levels. Big choice of menus.
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Lesley treated us to a wonderful day in the Montalcino region of Tuscany. My husband and I, and one other lovely woman, joined Lesley as she drove us to several Brunello wineries. One was large and the tour guide provided us very interesting information about the winery business and walked us through each stage of the process, finishing off with a wine tasting (we came home with a case). We then visited a small winery and were treated to wine, cheese and local yummies by the owner. Our final stop was a farm where we dined on wonderful food made fresh on the farm.

I highly recommend contacting Lesley at Taste of Tuscany and arraning a private, or semi-private tour. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I had a wonderful day with Leslie and Theresa in Leslie's kitchen learning how to make pasta and wonderful desserts. Leslie was so wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this to anyone. I hope to be back in a few years and will bring others with me. I aslo went on a wine tasting and lunch tour and found that to be wonderful as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.......Marion

1  Thank Mariondailey
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We spent a week in Tuscany in March 2012, and this was definitely the best day of the week! My hubby and I joined Lesley for an entire day. The morning and early afternoon were spent cooking in her lovely little kitchen with Teresa (such a hoot -- and cheeky <although she definitely had trouble understanding the term . . LOL>) In the afternoon, Lesley drove us to Villa S. Anna for a wine tour and tasting with Simona. This day was one of the highlights of our first trip to Italy. Lesley's home is exactly like what we pictured - small, cozy, a fire going, the door to the terrace open to let the cool breeze in . . . just lovely. The food that we cooked (and, yes, we DID cook) was some of the best we had on the trip -- proof that good ingredients and simple preparation are all you need when you start with a good recipe. We lunched on Lesley's terrace. When I say "lunch" what I mean to say is we dined on a 7-course dinner that we prepared (alongside Lesley and cheeky Teresa). Fantastic food, lovely company, beautiful day in Tuscany. The visit to Simona was icing on the cake. Just the four of us strolling around her property, visiting her wine caves, and then enjoying tastes of her wonderful wines while she insisted we munch on the yummy cheeses and sausages from the area (because the lunch wasn't enough food for us!). Simona is such a class act - a lovely woman proud of what she and her daughters have accomplished (rightfully so) and eager to share her story, her company, and her wonderful vino with us. If you have any doubts about booking a tour or event with Lesley, put them aside. She paced the day exactly as we would have wanted it. It was like spending the day with an old friend ... one that you are eager to visit again and again!

3  Thank STLWomanStuckinTX
Reviewed April 17, 2012

When you go to an area that you have never been, I feel it is so important to have someone whom you can trust and knows the area. Lesley took us to 2 vineyards that were very representative of the area and yet different from one another. What great wines as well!! We finished up our half day trip eating at one of the most beautiful farms with incredible views, some of the best I have ever seen and food indigenous to Tuscany and made on the farm. Lesley was professional and we would HIGHLY recommend that you book this trip! A half-day trip is Perfecto!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I had the privilege of joining Lesley for a half day wine tour with lunch. We had a wonderful experience which was one of the highlights of our trip. Our first tour was of the Caparzo winery. Either by accident or on purpose, we were the only people on the property and had our own personal tour of this winery. Our second winery was Sestradisopra. Again whether by design or not we were the only people there. This was a fantastic morning of tasting and learning about Brunello wine. We then headed for Il Casale (an organic farm) for lunch. Fantastic setting and food.
Lesley was an excellent guide with a great sense of humor. For the price she charges for the tour(100euro for half day) it is well worth it. Other tours I checked into cost upwards of 400 euro per person. Ridiculous!
Anyway, I recommend Lesley for any tour you can book with her. Don't be fooled by her english accent! She is plenty versed in Italian and knows her wineries. Thanks Lesley for a fantastic experience.