“WAY TO GO LESLEY!!!”
Review of Taste Tuscany

Taste Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Lessons - Learn to cook traditional Tuscan recipes including home made pasta - under the guidance of experienced Tuscan cooks. A very hands on experience for cooks of all levels. Big choice of menus.
Patterson, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WAY TO GO LESLEY!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I had the privilege of joining Lesley for a half day wine tour with lunch. We had a wonderful experience which was one of the highlights of our trip. Our first tour was of the Caparzo winery. Either by accident or on purpose, we were the only people on the property and had our own personal tour of this winery. Our second winery was Sestradisopra. Again whether by design or not we were the only people there. This was a fantastic morning of tasting and learning about Brunello wine. We then headed for Il Casale (an organic farm) for lunch. Fantastic setting and food.
Lesley was an excellent guide with a great sense of humor. For the price she charges for the tour(100euro for half day) it is well worth it. Other tours I checked into cost upwards of 400 euro per person. Ridiculous!
Anyway, I recommend Lesley for any tour you can book with her. Don't be fooled by her english accent! She is plenty versed in Italian and knows her wineries. Thanks Lesley for a fantastic experience.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Spectacular - no rush- 1/2 day tour - I extended my stay because I loved it so much!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Lesley is the wonderful owner of a truly professional Tour company in Tuscany - the best one! :-) I had such a lovely time on the half day tour of Tuscany that I ended up extending my stay in Tuscany (and cutting a day out of the Florence portion). Lesley even emailed us extra info about towns near the village that we were staying in. Booking a tour online (from the many tour sites available) can be scary - you have no idea what sort of a company you've just given all your details to. This company is extremely professional and safe. The tour was just our group of 4. VERY private! Lesley emails you & finds out what interests you - then sets up a personalized tour, set at your own pace. The vineyards and farms are friendly and very informative about wine and cheese-making process - at no time were products pushed on you to purchase - I really liked this. It felt like I was just visiting a farm. The food was beyond fabulous! the wines... well, I think 24 bottles are making their way through customs as we speak! The rest of my 4 person group (former friends now :-) ! ) booked a cooking class with Lesley - wish I could have stayed a couple more days! The tour with Lesley was great & felt like I was visiting an old friend.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highlight of Tuscany trip”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Emailed Lesley about a Gastronomic Tour. Her response was prompt and complete. She picked us up for the tour. Had a great visit to a winery, tried 14 different honey flavors and then an outstanding lunch on a Tuscan farm. We then booked a cooking lesson for the next week. Had a great lesson and learned to make pici, a great local pasta. Ate the fruits of our labor on the patio with good wine in the Tuscan sun. If you are coming to Tuscany, strongly recommend either a tour or cooking lesson, or do both!

Waverly, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery, lovely wine and food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Lesley made our brief time in the Tuscany area worthwhile. My initial emails with questions were always answered promptly and thoroughly. We chose the half day wine and lunch tour as we were traveling from Pienza to Florence that night. Lesley herself was easy to talk to with a great sense of humor. We felt like 4 friends out for a day of touring. We learned a lot about wines and wine tasting, met interesting women Sabine, at a larger winery and Titiana at her small family run winery. The lunch at the farm was so delicious with many vegetable options. The family was very hospitable and showed us the animals, including the sheep, goats and donkeys. We highly recommend Lesley and Taste Tuscany and would definitely use her again next time we are in the area.

Visited February 2012
Redding, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Day!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We booked a one day wine trip with Lesley who took us to three wineries and included an excellent lunch at one of the wineries. The weather was cold with snow the day before our tour which made planning a bit challenging for Lesley. However, she went way out of her way and was able to book three wonderful tours and tastings at three wineries. Lesley met us at our hotel in Siena and drove us to our first winery were we met the lovely Sabine. We wanted Sabine to join us for the rest of the day but she had to work, darn! Sabine gave us a tour of the winery while explaining the wine making process. We then did a bit of tasting. The second winery was much smaller but just as fun and the host was incredibly sweet. We were allowed to taste wine directly from the barrel and had an excellent home made lunch right next to the wine barrels. The third winery was also wonderful. The host at this winery explained the experiment underway to discover if playing music to the grapes while growing has a positive impact. The results will be pubished later in 2012. All of the wine we tasted at the three wineries was supurb and Lesley was an outstanding tour guide. I wouldhighly recommend her to anyone interested in exploring the wineries in Montalcino. She is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Visited February 2012