“Worth the drive from Montalcino”
Review of Il Leccio

Il Leccio
Reserve with
Il Leccio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Montalcino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We missed stopping here two years ago, and vowed to go on this trip in June. It was recommended by locals. We had lunch......the House Antipasto was huge and plenty along with a mixed salad. I would definitely return on future trips! Be careful about where you park, though. We just missed getting a parking ticket. Park down below the town and walk up.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We found ourselves here late afternoon with family who had been before. They were actually just closed, but they got us all a drink at the adjoining bar, told us to make ourselves at home and then disappeared for the rest. Another day, we booked for dinner - there is outside shaded seating, and but we sat inside in the evening.It's old stone walls and traditional Italian fittings are full of character. Excellent menu with locally sourced food and a great chef. The Veal Staccata with sweet white fried onions and peas was cooked to perfection - tasty and not heavy. We went again for lunch the day before we left Montalcino - it was full outside with a mix of Brits, quiet Americans and others and we hadn't booked. Service is friendly and attentive and their own labelled wine excellent. A walk round the quiet small streets with tremendous views completed a delightful afternoon. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a tiny town just outside Montelcino with just a couple restaurants if which this is one. It is off the beaten track and one of our best meals in Italy. We were taken there by our guide Ermanno from Strolling in Tuscany. The best was the chefs tasting menu wl thought it was all great. The appetizers of eggplant Parmesan and asparagus soufflé remain as our ideals they were that good. Their pastas were all terrific. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We found this restaurant with a recommendation from a local vineyard (Argiano). Beautifully decorated restaurant and incredible service. The food was something I will never forget! We had a house red which was perfect! The options on the menu for wine and local and all top quality! My husband and I shared an artichoke salad with fresh pine nuts and Parmesan. And for my entree I had handmade ravioli with spinach and ricotta. Everything was so fresh and incredibly delicious! I wish I had more right now!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is my fourth visit to this Restaurant. The food is superb! I had melon and Parma Ham to start and then Lasagne for my main which was tasty, creamy and Devine! For sweet I had panna cotta with strawberries. The restaurant is small but beautiful inside and there is seating outside too. The staff were polite and helpful. My Dad had veal with peas and onion rings and said they were the best he has ever tasted! Will return here again and again, food is amazing!!