“Awesome”
Review of Re di Macchia

Re di Macchia
Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Montalcino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Based only on one dinner we had there, I gave it 5 stars. The food was very well prepared and tasty and the service was attentive and friendly. My husband had the menu dinner for 25 euros and I had picci pasta with wild boar sauce. I ate my whole serving, which rarely happens... We shared his appetizer and dessert. His dinner also included a primi (lasagna dish)and secondi (beef braised in brunello wine with potatoes and spinach). The atmosphere was good and made us feel welcomed. We will go back!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ljubljana
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I were traveling through Tuscany in search of some good food and wine. We heard that Montalcino has both great wines and steaks, so we went there late in the afternoon. In Italy restaurants are usually open for lunch and then again in the time for dinner (from 7.30 pm till late in the evening). Because we arrived early we stopped at a local winery where we asked where should we go for a good steak. First advised place was Il Pozzo in near town of Sant'Angelo in Colle but it was closed, so we decided to visit Re di Macchia in Montalcino which turned out to be a wonderful choice! We ordered one steak for both because it weighted 1,1 kg :)) First they showed us the stake and a little later they served it. It was really nicely done (we asked for a well done steak), soft and juicy.

The restaurant was starting to get fuller and we noticed that a lot of Italians eat at this restaurant (almost everybody ate stakes - no wonder).

The wine list was really short, but they have good wines. I recommend ordering the whole bottle because it doesn't pay off if you order just one glass (8€ per glass, 18€ per bottle).

The service was fine, but not the best in the world, and the interior is definitely not as nice as the food.

I strongly recommend the stakes - yummy :P

• Visited November 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Call Signor Antonio and ask for help.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Signor Antonio and his wife,Roberta,runs this nice restaurant.she does the beautiful kitchen while he explains anything about the marvelous dishes or helps you to choose the wine.as we were travelling around Tuscany&Umbria we'decided to drink the wine of the region.here the Brunello is the king.

Ghent, Belgium
“not the best”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

we had several meals in montalcino , our last night was here and we were disapponted , the critics were very good but we do not recommend this place.

Visited September 2012
Montreal
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This restaurant was really good. I had the wild bore pasta and it was one of the best dishes I had in Italy.

• Visited August 2012