Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & SPA
Marina Manna(Valledoria)(Great Value!)
$138
$135
Priceline
Hotel Terme Di Casteldoria(Santa Maria Coghinas)
$167
  • Pool
Hotel Relax Torreruja Thalasso & Spa(Isola Rossa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Costa Paradiso(Trinita d'Agultu e Vignola)
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
1,300 results
All reviewsbuffet restauranta la carteevery nightsea viewgolf buggieskids clubflip flopsyoung childrenhired a carnice beachdrinks are expensivepastahalf boardmobility issuesfresh water poolwaiter service restaurantrelaxing holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at this hotel and had a fantastic time. The staff were very welcoming when we arrived and this continued throughout the whole holiday. Nothing was too much trouble and they were polite and friendly. The food was wonderful, both the buffet and a la carte - lots of choice and really good quality. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The pool areas were quiet and relaxing with lots of sun beds. A ideal place for a relaxing quiet holiday. Would have no hesitation in going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Southfork200
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We booked this because we read such good reviews and all was as said , it was lovely , we started our stay in a standard room which was clean and pleasant , but we has tried to book for the Elicriso 701 the best in Hotel but had to wait until free during the dates we wanted to go !The wait was worth it we had 5 nights and days in a beautiful apartment with our own Pool and outside shower with hot and cold water, what more can you ask for ! and as add on we had free entry into the spa and our stairs down into it !! with great sea views and so clean and lots of added details ! The shower was amazing and had coloured lights and one of the best shower pressures i have known !
The food and service was super we only did the buffet once as we liked the restaurant much better and waitress service which proved very good in deed and we will defiantly look at the chain of hotels again!
Sardinia was lovely and the coast line rugged and great to explore , we hired a car which we used a fair bit and got around to other areas which was nice,
The weather was great and it is a lovely country
we went into Isola Rossa twice for food and found a lovely restaurant called - La Torre which has super views and food !! very good service and made a change to get out from the Hotel.
It is a quiet Hotel and for us it was a perfect weeks break away !
One tip not good if difficulty walking as up hill all the way from many rooms and lots of steps !!!

Room Tip: As said the standard rooms and the deluxe were good also and many had super sea views all were very nice and clean but if you want the ultimate experience for a romantic get away you cant bet 700 or 701 !! It seemed the higher the Number the better room you got ! Hope that Helps !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan B
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent my 30th birthday in this lovely resort. We travelled with the whole family and everyone really enjoyed the time, it was perfect!
Beautiful beach and location, lovely pool, amaaaaazing food and very nice staff.
Upon arrival i mentioned that i need gluten free food and was straight away introduced to the service team in the restaurant. They took it very serious and I received a 5 Star Service! in the morning I received special bread, breadrolls, little cakes and cornflakes. The rest I helped myself from the lovely buffet. In the evening i had my own chef showing me around the buffet and recommending what would suit my diet. I even was cooked my own special pasta and cakes for dessert! Once I mentioned that I like ice cream, so the next day I had my own homemade ice cream.
Thank you so much to the whole team to make my stay and my birthday such a memorable event. i never felt that it is too much of a hassle.
Really really PERFECT!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with sea view, stunning!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank Chantal D
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Have seen some of the latest reviews and most are reflect the Marinedda experience accurately which is a combination of great 'can do' service ethic coupled with a fantastic beachside location.

Pros
Great service
Comfortable rooms with good AC (our had an external shower as well as the indoor one which was really great after a day at the beach.
Its a very relaxed environment (because the rooms are spread our over the hill which runs down to the beach you really never get a sense that the hotel is full or busy)
Golf buggy service if you don't want to tackle the hills are always around
Food was improved on 2010 in the a la carte Punta Canedda restaurant, Ate a couple of times in the buffet restarant but found the 'up and down' effect a bit less relaxing probably better for families.
Beach beds and beach team although you pay for these I think it was worth it
Relaxed enrtainment in the evening which finishes at 11pm. Almost everyone has a drink after dinner,
Free wifi for first hour but only in the recption area which is usually enough to catch up on stuff. Frankly if you need longer or faster connections you shouldn't be holiday!

Cons
Very few really so I'm going to offer some personal preferences so I understand that not all will agree with.

The Italians are known for their style but when it comes to the lighting especially in the dining rooms in the evening the lighting is much too bright for me. Taking out every other bulb would make for a more relaxing experience?

The third restaurant which is the second a la carte one you book and pay for above the Punta Canedda is a bit of a non event really and not widely used. Often the food s similar to the free Punta Canedda. I think the Marinedda should convert it to a roof top bar area where people could go for drinks and look out over the Med. I think this would be a great idea?

Although outside of their area the coastal walk to Isola Rossa which runs between the two sister hotels has too much litter. I think the Marinedda should consider sending in some guys to pick up litter at least once per week. I would reflect better on the hotel if the surrounding area was better looked after. (Marinedda, I know you are going to say its the local councils responsibility but this isnt working so be bold and improve the area outside of the hotel grounds).

The price of wine has gone up and whilst there are a few bottles at 14-16 euros these aren't great. Most are 20 euros plus. I'm sure that you'd sell much more wine if you offered the 25 euro stuff at around 18 euros,

Finally the snack lunches around the lower salt water pool should be better. Check out the beach bar (not the hotel one) located just behind the hotel beach beds for an example of how casual dining should be done. Service is not uber friendly but efficient and the food is good and great value. Plates of excellent pasta for 5 euros and a prosecco for 4 euros

These are just suggestions to help make really good hotel great and won't stop me from returning in the future.

Room Tip: Beds are v firm but you can ask for a matress topper which was excellent. I think the Spa may be run by an outside company(?) and the service ethic is not quite as high and prices are steep, Think for a single use of the gym and a steam room 28 euros is too high. 10 euros would be right and allow for a daily visit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sensibleblue
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We got back from holiday at the hotel few days ago. I have to say before we went , we were looking at the reviews here, we were hoping that would be really nice place to stay. Unfortunately not lived up to our expectations. Will start with the positive first: staff are really very nice and make you feel special. Rooms are very big (at least ours was) and with a nice sea view. The entire hotel is spotless! But that’s where all ends.

We booked half board breakfast and dinner. For lunch we ate at the bar by the swimming pool – choice was very poor, and as we ate there every day, we tried almost everything. Nothing but one meal was nice! I was so disappointed! For dinner we ate in their main buffet restaurant, and bear in mind if you are not a sea food person you will go to bed hungry! All they offered was a beef meat most nights which is very rare cooked and extremely red! Some nights they offered pork and turkey as well but not to my taste at all (here I will say that all of the meat they were offering is the cheapest you can find on the market)! At one of the last nights I even had to call a waiter and ask him to prepare something different for me as I was really going to go hungry in the room. Anyway nothing stops there... As you probably read the hotel has 3 restaurants. One of them is the most “exclusive” one and you have to pay £12 per person in addition to half board if you would like to dinner there. Anyway, we decided that we will try. I never ate anything more tasteless in my life, cannot even describe it! Furthermore, there was no music at all and it seemed really boring. Overall, we probably didn’t have even one meal that we liked (that includes the cheap deserts that they served every evening).

At breakfast – some of the fruit was from a can! The rest of the fruit not fresh at all and over ripped!

Next and main thing that frustrated us was how overpriced and expensive that hotel is! Any drink -coffee or soft drink is 3euros. Fresh is 5euros. Vodka and coke will cost you 10 euros. When we dinner at the pool bar we never paid less than 25 euro for both of us.
Also half board included only 1 bottle of water in the price! If you want a soft drink or another bottle of water – will cost you 3 euro!

Not to mention that we were there at 1pm, and our room was still not ready we had to wait an hour!

Anything, anything that you might want to use cost you money:
- To use the gym – 28 euro per person per day! That is unbelievable!
- Room service 10 euro per person
- Wireless is available only at reception the first one hour is free, and then you have to pay – 3 euro per hour!!!
- If you go to the beach you need to pay 10 euro per person for sun bed!

We found this ridicules as it just summed up with everything else. This hotel is not in the league! Don’t be fooled by the pictures – the beach and location is not as nice!

I would not recommend this hotel as even though the atmosphere is relaxing there are many children by the pool and hotel charge you money that it is just not worth to pay when you spent £2000 at first place(via Thomson).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple