We booked the Hotel Corallo as we were flying into Alghero and wanted to stay somewhere beautiful for the last 6 nights of our trip, after spending a few days in Alghero. We chose Isola Rossa as we wanted to stay within 2 hours drive of Alghero, and the Corallo looked so beautiful from its website. We were concerned that it might be a bit too remote to stay in for almost a week, but once we spent our first day and night there, we would happily have stayed 2 weeks.
It's a real family hotel, in the best sense of the word, with the loving care & attention that has gone into every detail clearly visible, and friendly but non-intrusive faces at reception and in the restaurant and bar every day. Eating breakfast in front of the large windows looking out on the port was a daily pleasure, as was our after-breakfast walk along the port. We also soon realised that the hotel also offered the best food in town - one drawback of Isola Rossa is that there is a limited choice of other restaurants apart from a few fairly standard pizza and fish restaurants - so we ended up eating either lunch or dinner there most days, which was fine as it was top quality and pretty reasonable. The Corallo also has a lovely bar and terrace area which are perfect for a quiet evening drink - not much else in the way of nightlife in the town, which was fine with us! On a few other nights we either had a pizza in the town, or drove to Badesi nearby or local 'agriturismo' for dinner.
Possibly my favourite part of our stay there (apart from the bottle of Prosecco that greeted us in our room on arrival!) was the terrace outside our room - well worth paying a bit extra for a Deluxe room as we had a huge terrace overlooking the port, with private sun loungers and our own hot tub as well as tables & chairs for enjoying an evening drink or watching the sunset.
The only small gripes I had were that our bed was a small double which seemed at odds with the comfort of the rest of our room and terrace, and the terraces could do with being a little more private in terms of the partitions between them.
But overall - a real 'destination' spot for anyone looking to stay in the north of Sardinia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Corallo is a romantic four star seaside hotel. Located just a few metres opposite the beaches and entirely renovated in 2007, it enjoys the best panoramic position. 35 bedrooms and suites: Deluxe with large terrace and Superior rooms have panoramic sea view; Comfort rooms at the rear, face the Spanish watchtower. The hotel has a bar, a fresh water swimming-pool, a gastronomic restaurant with a large outdoor terrace for dinner or an evening drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Corallo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Isola Rossa
- Corallo Isola Rossa
- Hotel Corallo Isola Rossa, Sardinia