“Nice informal dining by the lake!”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed a nice meal outside on the grassy area beside the lake. It was a busy evening, with all the tables full. The service was not quick, but that was not an issue for us we were on holiday and the views over the lake were there to be savoured. The serving staff were very pleasant, and I had a lovely pizza while my partner had a nice steak. We would happily go back here.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I dined here twice while staying at this hotel and fortunately did not have a similar experience to the previous reviewers. Service was great both nights and the meals came out as ordered in a timely manner for our group of five. The restaurant was busy and filled with locals at the end of the season. Recommend the Cotoletta di Milanese or the steak with porcini mushrooms and buttered spinach. Give the Nino Negri Rosso di Valtellina Valtellina DOC a try.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you value your well-being and want a pleasant evening meal look elsewhere. Our experience. (sadly we did not TA this in advance) was very disappointing. Six of us agreed to dine here hungry following a long day of driving. One of our party ordered The steak was requested well done and the blood washed over the plate. Second time back in the oven/ griddle and it was forgotten about. Mmmm. You figure. Inedible.

I ordered fish Mixed. And asked the monotone waiter for his description, he said "very nice fish peices" only arrival it was     More like fishes bits.  it was definitely out of a frozen packet and consisted mainly of very bland octopus and unwashed prawns. Result - none eaten. Veg was heated up frozen food. French beans and spinach. So end result meal for six one course and a round of drinks €100. If you value the euro in your pocket eat elsewher. If it is here in Griante and you enjoy it give it a good recommendation on TA as we will be back. Our recommendation is to get the ferry across the Bellagio and you will be spoilt for choice. Just swallow the cost of the Ferry it will be well worth it.

3  Thank Fulfilled
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Riviera restaurant in Caddenabia looks like a normal lakeside pizzeria, attached to a hotel. Please take note, it is not!! We were advised to eat in Caddenabia as the prices are cheaper than bellagio, however there is a reason with this hotel. My husband was half way through his pasta by the time my pizza arrived, with no apology. My husbands spinach side order arrived after we had finished our mains. My husband's pasta contained bacon which still had pieces of bone attached! As for dessert, we waited an hour to order, mine arrived after 15 minutes and his didn't arrive another 15 mins after I'd finished mine. Having watched other customers suffer a similar fate we decided to cancel dessert and leave.
This would all have been fairly horrendous on its own, however an hour after dinner I began to get stomach cramps and we both lost a day of our honeymoon due to our disastrous visit. We returned to our apartment to find another guest in the complex, and also the owners, had suffered the same issues at this hotel.
Needless to say, I wouldn't spit on this restaurant if it was on fire.

2  Thank Destination808879
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you every get the chance, don't ever eat in Riviera, Cadenabbia. It will save you some money, but cost you a day of your holiday, as I am finding out, sat on the toilet, right now!...oh and the service is awful!

1  Thank Simon2282