3,563 results
All reviews lido restaurant floating pool pasta st moritz downstairs bar all inclusive deal shearings coach great holiday lido pool buffet style bernina express free boat three star large hotel noddy train villa carlotta roof terrace
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2019

We had 7 nights all inclusive through Mistral. From start to finish the whole experience was brilliant, good flight, comfortable, prompt transfer with us as only travelers, easy check in, we had booked basic room which was spacious and had lovely view of mountains at rear but on inquiring about upgrade, opted for lake view with balcony for not much more cost, front desk staff were most helpful. The decor of downstairs lounge and dining room were very elegant and luxurious looking with great views across lake to Bellagio. We enjoyed the food at every meal (especially the pizza which was available every evening) and whilst the all exclusive drinks were not what we usually drink, the red wine, prosecco, vodka and Aperol spritz were readily available and quite drinkable. It was in a great position in the mid section of the lake making it easy to visit all the lovely spots on the lake. We found all staff, reception, dining and housekeeping to be very friendly and helpful. The bar area was a little lacking in atmosphere, being downstairs but still good fun in the evening with music that everyone could sing along and dance to. We enjoyed calling in to the sister hotel (20 minutes walk away) Bazzoi most afternoons for a drink (all inclusive) as it was a nicer bar and also dined there one night for a change but preferred the dining experience at Britannia more, but nice to have the option. Overall, for the comparative cost of staying at this hotel in this fabulous region,its hard to imagine somewhere better located and operated

Room tip: Would suggest higher floors as better views and quieter. If opting for non-lake view, request higher floor room at back of hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank jancrump1960
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

There is no way to dress this up or understate just how horrid this prison block of a hotel is. It is without doubt the dirtiest, most uncared for grubby hotel that I have ever stayed in. I was duped by what is a fantastic web site. It photographs well, but dirt, dust and smells don't show up on photos. This hotel really needs to be closed and a £50million refit carried out. The first room offered had brocken sockets, switches falling off the wall and was filthy. The second room is just stinking of drains and sewage. So much so that I have closed the loo lid, shower and bathroom door, sprayed deoderant everywhere and blocked the bottom of the bathroom door with the bed throw. The tv is the smallest I have ever seen. The bathroom is well past it, gruby and just unclean. The restaurant looks great, but that is as far as it goes. Meal times are a battlefield of oldies and zimmer frames. The food is very basic and the chefs obviously don't know what seasoning and variety are. Basic! Basic!! Basic!!! It is a free for all and I found it too stressfull. I only had the alcohol included in the all inclusive deal once OMG it tastes like my room smells like. Never again. Staff are way too busy to be bothered or helpfull. Came through reception to hear a full on arguement between the receptionist and a Shearings rep. Full on shouting at each other in the middle of the foyer. The one saving grace of this dump is the location, with super stunning views, but I would rather be anywhere else that doesn't smell like sewage. Can't wait to go home. This hotel should be clear about what it is, a very cheap, well below average bus tour holiday hotel for the over 70s.

Do not stay here. This wasn't a cheap deal for us £700+ each for a week. I would rather sleep on the beach.

Highly discorage you to book this place.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank osricks1234567
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

First of all, and it need to be said, we were lured into staying in this hotel by very misleading, well taken and photoshopped website photos. What meant to be grant turned out to be very much below average, dated, dirty, old and very basic rooms, with an awful smell coming from the drain pipes in the toilet. I’m attaching some photographed to show you what to expect on arrival. Walls are dirty and full of scratches, dusty, with very small, old TVs on the walls and poor uncomfortable beds.

The days of this hotel must have peaked in the late 70’s , early 80’s and since then they must have been relying on coaches full of 70’plus pensioners,that come here from the UK and other parts of Europe for a very cheap winter/spring holiday. The lunches and dinners, reminds me of the process of cattle feeding, with basic,poor quality food and the most disgusting all-inclusive alcohols I have ever tried. Gin and tonic for example tastes incredibly sweet, but on mention, the waiter shouted at me that it is the tonic nonetheless and I should not complain.

Glaswegian woman at the reception is very on the edge and anxious, very much like the World War II bomb, that is ready to explode at the slightest aggravation. I definitely felt I cannot communicate with her, so I deal with the hotel issues through my holiday rep. I passed the reception desk tonight and I heard a full blown argument between her and a coach driver in fro t of the guests.

Avoid if you can, life is too short to waste it on places like Britannia excelsior, that will drain your will to live within a day or two.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank coldblade
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Went with Shearings Holidays as a single traveller on a basic all inclusive package. Even for 1 person my room was very small, but might have been better if it had had a single bed instead of double, or a smaller dressing table/desk. Decor throughout the hotel was nice, with some impressive chandeliers. Buffet style at all mealtimes, not a great choice and food very bland. Some work needs to be done in the ladies toilets in the public area. I was also unlucky in being on the same floor as a party of approx 120 students, who spent a fair bit of time running in and out of each others rooms, banging doors and shouting. I must add that all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2019

Travelled with Leger, hotel swamped with other coach companies. Upgraded to a lake view room, well worth it, corner room with 3 windows looking at the lake. Food adequate, fish rather tasteless but pasta/pizza great. Too much meat, same every night, unimaginative. Also, loads of unruly Italian school children causing chaos at the ice cream cabinet. Bar, L shaped, in the basement, slow service due to volume of guests on an all inclusive deal. Staff throughout the hotel very friendly, helpful and efficient.