Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Riviera(Cadenabbia di Griante)
View Hotel
Alberghetto La Marianna(Cadenabbia di Griante)
View Hotel
Villa La Mirabella(Cadenabbia di Griante)
View Hotel
Grand Hotel Cadenabbia(Cadenabbia di Griante)
Hotel Rusall(Tremezzina)
  • Pool
Hotel La Darsena(Tremezzina)
Hotel Florence(Bellagio)
3,210 results
All reviewslido restaurantpastafloating poolst moritzdownstairs barcoach holidaygreat holidaybernina expressall inclusive dealbuffet stylecooked breakfastthree starlarge hotelall inclusive hotelnoddy trainvilla carlottaroof terrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here for four nights on a coach tour. A hotel from the Belle Epoque era of the rather grand hotels, but upated for more modern needs such as extra lifts for the disabled. We went for a room with lake view and balcony which was well worth the extra cost as the views across Lake Como are incredible. A very, very large hotel and I'm not sure I'd enjoy visiting when at full capacity but in December it was fine. I had my doubts that the self service buffet area would cope when it was fully occupied. Our room was comfy and the food was OK but considering how few guests were staying it was a bit mass produced and bland and on a menu describing one course as "meat" seems a bit poor and useless! The staff were helpful enough but just had a slight missing edge of real care and concern. The village in which the hotel is located has few facilities if staying out of season.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank caroleburrows9
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were a bit worried about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews but needn't have worried. The room (No. 449) were tastefully decorated and well equipped with a fridge, free safe and temperature control (we took our own kettle and tea bags and the we used water from the tap which was tasted fine). The only thing it could have done with was a decent chest of drawers. We were in a standard room that overlooked the hills at the back - it was a lovely view and we didn't feel the need to upgrade. The room was cosmetically clean but very dusty under the bed and clearly hadn't been cleaned for some time.
There was plenty of choice of food and there was a good choice of salad, fish and meat and freshly cooked pizza and pasta.
The only disappointment was the poor Internet access which was always very patchy in the hotel. At times it was not possible to get any Internet and it was always slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claireg17
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My friend and I spent 3 nights on an all inclusive basis. Hotel in nice and clean. Rooms are big and the bathroom is big. Walls are a little thin! Shower is nice and hot and powerful. I found the beds too hard for my liking but my friend loved it. Food was nice but not much veggie option so my friend lived on pasta with tomato sauce!! Good location to visit neighbouring towns like Menagio and Bellagio. We would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachelp30
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have just spent another short winter break at this most welcoming of hotels. Ross and his wife Doriana and all the staff down to Simon the barman ensure a warm friendly service at all times.
I left my phone on back seat of coach on arrival and the staff were relentless in their efforts ringing coach company and my phone until it was recovered and returned two days later, for which i am forever grateful.
SteveHerts

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms at front overlooking Ballagio are great !
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Spent five days , all inclusive in this hotel and had a great stay. Had a room on the top floor with a wonderful view over Lake Como. So convenient for the ferry to fabulous Bellaggio. We expected the food to be nothing special but it was terrific . Would avoid the free wine and spirits. The hotel is huge but really lovely

Room Tip: Try to pay a little extra for lake facing room with balcony . A bit noisy because of the traffic but a view that can't be beaten
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple