just got back from a 9 days holiday with shearing. On arrival to the hotel we were told we only had a standard room, therefore my husband said we will see the room first and check if we are satisfied with it. The room that we were given was small and located at the side of the hotel overlooking some ongoing constructions, if you look through at the side of the balcony you will be able to see the lake. It was raining and the room looks so dark, gloomy and depressing. The bed were unmade as it was just vacated by the previous occupants. We went straight back to the reception and asked for a room upgrade which thankfully enough at a price of 40 euro were were upgraded into a lake view room on the 6th floor with a balcony. Again, the beds were unmade. We put our suitcases in and mentioned to the cleaning lady that the room needs cleaning. We head straight down to the restaurant for our lunch. The food were nice and appetizing. Waiters were all over the place refilling water and serving wine. On our last day one waiter in particular got me irritated. He was standing in front of us putting some cutlerries and speaking to himself in italian, my husband managed to grasp what he was saying and he told me that the waiter was saying something about me. He is the waiter with the black vest. So anyone, be wary of him. i hate to remember his face. The hotel has no heater and it's quite cold sitting on the foyer, perhaps it's okey during summer time but not in winter and spring. Over all, the experience was lovely and the views are beautiful and breathtaking. Don't miss the excursions, they are the highlights of this trip. And there is BBC and ITV channel too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy