Hotel Bazzoni et du Lac
Hotel La Perla(Tremezzina)(Great Value!)
$179
$737
Hotel Rusall(Tremezzina)
$140
Hotel Villa Marie(Tremezzina)
$156
Hotel Villa Edy(Tremezzina)(Great Value!)
$144
Grand Hotel Cadenabbia(Cadenabbia di Griante)
$219
$205
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior(Cadenabbia di Griante)
$144
$131
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
San Giorgio Hotel(Tremezzina)
Hotel La Darsena(Tremezzina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Riviera(Cadenabbia di Griante)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspacked lunchtravel departmentbooked through inghamsbuffet stylelake comoenjoyable holidayhand towelsshop next doorhalf boardbus stoplocal drinksmain coursea bit tiredfresh towels every daychanged dailypasta dishesdotto train
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great week's vacation in July 2013 at the Hotel Bazzoni in Tremezzo on Lake Como. We booked the package with Inghams. Although we were not so sure of this hotel as we read the reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is situated right on the Lake with wonderful views. Right from the check in the staff at the hotel, from receptionist to all the restaurant and bar staff were fantastic. They were so helpful, courteous and very attentive throughout the 7 nights stay. Despite the large number of guests the service was never lacking. The food was plentiful and had good choice at breakfast and dinner, very well prepared and served. The bus stop and the ferry station are right opposite the hotel so getting around is very easy and convenient. The rooms were modern, neat and clean and nicely air-conditioned with the balcony overlooking the lake. Although the rooms were facing the main road with lots of traffic the double glazing was good to keep the noise out. Being on the 5th floor helped as lower floors may be a bit noisy. The only small problem was the lift which was too slow and took ages before it came up. The hotel need to sort this out if they can. Would certainly come back to the Hotel Bazzoni and would recommend it to anyone going to Lake Como. Inghams service and reps there were also great as always, especially Jane who was a Great singer too. Thoroughly enjoyed our week with our family of 7 people including old mum and dad who they treated so well. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aspi2909
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Writing a review for this hotel is a bit tricky because there were some really good things and then there were some things that were not so good. Normally, I would have giving this 3 stars but with a good experience, it would have been a 4. But the experience that we had makes me give it a 2. Therefore, I am going to outline the pros and cons that we experienced during our stay at Bazzoni.
Pros:
1. The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is right along the lake front and offers some amazing views. The boat transportation has stops right in front of the hotel. Our room was nice and spacious and we had a wonderful private terrace that again offered excellent views from the comfort of our room. It was clean as well.
2. The breakfast buffet. The buffet has a lot of options and it is wonderful to not have to go out and get your breakfast.
3. The pool and lounging areas. The pool is behind the hotel and it was nice. Also there are some other terraces where you can sit and enjoy the lake.
4. Price – Compared to many other places around the lake, this place is very reasonable.
CONS:
1. The staff. My wife and I both felt that the daytime receptionist was rude and made little to no effort to make you feel welcome. She also answered all questions as briskly as possible, with a hint of irritation that you would even dare ask her a question. Additionally, while we were there, our air conditioning stopped working. The display panel was blinking at us in the room and telling us that there was an error so I was certain that the air conditioner was broken and needed to be serviced…. Not to mention it was getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter in the room. So I went down and told the receptionist that they air was broken and before I could even finish what I was saying, she cut me off and said, “the ac doesn’t work during dinner time.” Now even though I knew the ac was not working way before dinner, I couldn’t be certain that it wouldn’t come on again after dinner so I just said ok and left. Not to mention, what was I supposed to say…”no you’re lying to me”? So of course we got home after dinner, the ac was still not working. So I went back down to the reception, but there was someone different there. I told them that the ac was not working and needed to be looked at. He simply looked at me and said, “I’m sorry but there is nothing that I can do about that because there repair man is gone.” So, I understand that sometimes situations like this happen. Normally I am usually the most patient and forgiving person but the receptionist had already rubbed me the wrong way. Also, I know that the guy at the desk probably cant fix the ac any better than I can, but I don’t understand how the staff can be so unresponsive to paying customers. If you cant fix the ac, what else can you do? Could you offer me another room, a fan, a discount, a free coke…. I don’t know, show me that you at least give a dam that we are not getting what we paid for. But he did nothing, so I walked off. Then three hours passed and neither my wife nor I could sleep because it was probably close to 85 degrees in our room (we were both laying on the bed with wet towels all over us to try to cool us down). I went down to talk to the guy again. This time he was more helpful and offered us a fan… why he didn’t do this before I am not sure but at least with a fan we were able to sleep. The next morning was the morning that we were checking out. I wanted to call attention to the fact that the ac was broken and that it had been for 2 days and that I was upset with the experience that we had had. Well, the morning receptionist was back, and guess what…. She completely ignored everything that I said about the ac… literally, she just didn’t even acknowledge what I said and then made me pay the tax and that was that. TERRIBLE SERVICE.
2. The hotel was extremely loud. We were on the 1st floor but you could hear every footstep above you, every conversation in the rooms near you and every person that talked as they walked past the hotel on the street. Now this was extremely annoying and I think for some people would be something that could completely ruin your stay. Lets just say that when the people above you come in at 2 in the morning, it will wake you up unless you are in a coma…
3. They don’t offer free wifi and the paid wifi is only available in the lobby, for some reason this bothers me but for others it probably isn’t a big deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We read some bad reports but really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel. We had a Balcony room on the 7th floor which was quiet at night, no road noise. Food was very good, Fish and Pasta dishes at night were especially good. Very close to Ferry and Bus service. Great base to tour Lake Como from.

Room Tip: Go for the 7th floor rooms with Balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Black-Dog-123
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Bazzoni has a great view of the lake from the Restaurant and the Restaurant and other hotel staff were friendly. The restaurant food is delicious, especially the pasta and desserts. The vegetables are served cold which I wasn't too keen on but good choice of salads and other dishes and also a good choice at breakfast.
I liked the bar and outdoor seating area and had a good time at the karoke night.There isn't a lot of other entertainment at the hotel but went to watch a band in the park a few minutes away on two other nights.
The bedroom was small but very clean with a good air conditioning unit and shower which worked well, although a bit small.
There aren't many sunloungers around the pool and the pool is very small and you can't buy a drink near the pool.The scenary is that good and there is a lot to do so you don't want to spend too much time around the pool. Had some great days out in Milan, Switzerland and bergamo and loved my stay in Lake Como.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Jane L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having read the reviews about the noise from the road we were pleased to find that not only had double glazing been installed but also airconditioning. Ideally siuated opposite the ferry stop and the road train stop with a fifteen minute walk to the car ferry stop at Cardonarbra for late night returns from Bellagio. The room was a good size but lacking any drawer storage. The mini fridge in one of the wardrobes was useful for keeping water and fruit cool but did heat up the clothes. Breakfast was buffet style and dominated by German tourists who all had reserved tables. The outdoor eating area was very good. The "swimming pool" was totally inadequate for a hotel of this size and the gym was used as storage for loads of fans, not needed after the aircondtioning was installed.

Room Tip: Go for a premium room on the third floor as they appeared to have a large balcony area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple