“Outstanding hotel, excellent service”

Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tremezzina
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding hotel, excellent service”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed in one of the junior suites for our wedding in July and had our wedding reception here. We could not fault this hotel. Our suite was beautiful with a hot tub on the terrace and a bottle of champagne, strawberries and welcome card from Elena, the manager. On the wedding day itself the staff were outstanding, bringing us everything we needed. They escorted me with my bridesmaids and parents across to our boat which was docked by the pool in the lake and were waiting for me and my husband on our return. The location of the hotel and views are absolutely stunning. It was our second time to Lake Como and I could never get bored of that view! We only got chance to use the spa pool during our stay partly due to the wedding and weather, but it was really relaxing. We will definitely return to this hotel - hopefully next year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the suites, which I'd highly recommend, but we've seen all the rooms and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 587Jo_D
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guests,

on behalf of my Family and the whole Staff of our Grand Hotel Tremezzo, I desire to thank you personally for choosing the charming atmosphere of our century-old Palace as the romantic scenario for this special event. It was a great pleasure for us to have been on your side, offering our maximum support to make part of your dream come true.

I have already shared you comment with Elena and the Team involved! We are really delighted to hear that you appreciated our welcoming and high-professional approach: pamper all our Guests and make their stay memorable is our daily mission and we feel really proud every time we succeed.

Moreover we are glad that you didn’t miss the chance for relaxing in our T Spa Infinity Pool with its five different types of Jacuzzi, its cascades and water jets. Enjoying the stunning view from the panoramic lounge at the T Spa is an unforgettable experience, don’t you think so?

We wish you will keep forever in your hearts every single moment spent here on Lake Como and we truly hope to welcoming you again, as you said, on the occasion of your anniversary.

Wishing you all the best,

Valentina De Santis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel in late July. We timed our trip perfectly, since the one full day we had there was a beautiful, bright sunny day. We spent the day around the pool in the lake, just soaking up the sun and the gorgeous scenery. We had two, lakefront rooms and they were worth the extra expense. The hotel is in immaculate condition and our rooms were beautiful. The service was fantastic and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our stay at this hotel was much to short, but we hope to visit again! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Splurge for a lakefront room. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 552Travel2014
Valentina_De_Santis, Owner at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest ,

thank you very much for your welcome review. We are sincerely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in all its aspects.

We are also glad that you didn't miss the chance to experience our floating pool and the sandy beach….such a perfect place for relaxing in a sunny day!

Finally it is a great pleasure to know to have fulfilled all your expectations and I would like to personally thank you for recommending us and our Lake View Rooms with their breath-taking view over Bellagio and the Grigne mountains.

We hope to welcoming you again, here, on the beautiful Lake Como for another luxury five star vacation!

Wishing you all the best,

Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed in a lake side room for 10 days and found it amazing. Room was lovely, staff friendly and waking up to see the weather and the lake was great. Lazing around Water on the Water was great and we can definitely recommend the beanbags! Really enjoyed the fondue restaurant, L'Escale, and the poolside lunches we had. I think the rooms would benefit from having tea/coffee making facilities but that is a personal preference as you can order it on room service, obviously there's a cost associated with that. The gym is too small and limited for a hotel of this size and rating. We also felt that the themed beach BBQ evening we attended was expensive for what it was, there was no party element it was purely a meal and whilst the quality was good it was limited. Would definitely stay here again but not for as long.

2 Thank Paula P
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2014

A five star hotel that shines bright. Attentive staff, lovely rooms, well appointed. Two pools, fabulous lake view rooms. Breakfast is included, but quite boring. Steps away from the ferries that take you across to Bellagio, Verenna, etc. so, you may not need a car, but in order to visit other places, taxi can be expensive. My recommendation is to be brave and rent a car. For peace of mind, rent or bring a GPS with you!,

Room Tip: Book lakefront. Amazing views.
3 Thank Rita W
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dearest Rita,
thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really hope to welcome you back soon to our Grand Hotel Tremezzo!

Aberdeen
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

As a large group we popped into the bar for a drink on our way home late at night. Apart from one other table initially, we ended up being the last table there. The staff were great, friendly and very helpful,even when we were a little loud after one too many!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank KaMac8
Dear KaMac8,

it was really a pleasure to have you all for a nice drink on our bar terrace to enjoy a lovely evening on Lake Como! We are always so glad to see a group of happy people and we really hope you had a great time with us.
Looking forward to welcoming back you all soon in occasion of your next visit on the lake!

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Unfortunately we stayed only one night but it was a great experience. First class..and priced like it....in all respects. The atmosphere and view for both dinner and breakfast was unbeatable. The dinner food was good but not outstanding. Breakfast food and selection was excellent. Great atmosphere to have a drink and relax. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It's not really close to much (for walking) in the way of restaurants or shopping but it is a great self contained resort.The room was nicely furnished. I wish we could have stayed longer and hopefully we will return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carissimo AJ,

thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your experience with us, that we really hope was great despite being too short!
We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon to our corner or paradise for a longer stay in order to enjoy even more all the wonderful facilities of our hotel and all the amazing beauties of fascinating Lake Como.

With all our best,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2014

When I visited Temezzo, I paid a visit to the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and had a coffee in the restaurant. This was fine, with good service and a panoramic view..

I then paid a visit to the hotel's reception, as I wanted to know the prices for the rooms at this hotel. I asked the receptionist for the rates charged for room. The receptionist handed me a booklet about the hotel and advised me to look up the room rates on the hotel's website, as identified in the booklet. The receptionist behaved in an 'off hand' manner and gave me the impression that she was not interested in my potential custom and I felt that she was 'looking down' on me and my partner. I found her behaviour to be patronising and offensive.
I will not be recommending this hotel to any friends / colleagues.

6 Thank Peter H
Dearest Mr Peter,

I am so sorry and sad to read your negative feedback about your short experience at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo!
You should really give us another chance because it is not at all in our DNA to have 'off hand' manners or to be offensive with any of our beloved Guests, either staying with us or potentially interested in booking a room.
There was probably a misunderstanding at the moment you asked for the rates, because we do not work with fixed rates and the prices for a room can vary from one day to another, so this is for sure the reason why our receptionist suggested you to have a look at our website (without having already fixed dates in mind it is quite difficult to give precise indications of prices for our rooms).
On behalf of all our Front Desk, I ask you please to accept all our most sincere apologies for giving you the impression of not being interested in you as a potential custom. Rest assured this is not at all the case!
I really hope that I managed to change your mind about the wrong feeling you had of the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and I wish that next time you'll visit Lake Como you'll be our valued Guest in order to cocoon and pamper you and make you really experience what for us means being welcoming!

Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
#1 of 8 in Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio

Been to Grand Hotel Tremezzo? Share your experiences!