When it comes to hotels, it's generally true that "you get what you pay for." Our family's experience at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo was absolutely wonderful, worth every penny (I don't use that phrase often) of the $$$$ bill.
While nearly all of Lake Como is picturesque, the hotel's location provides gorgeous views of the lake itself as well as several beautiful towns including Bellagio. It's convenient to several nice restaurants & shops within 5-15 minute walk, as well as motorboat rental which I highly recommend as the best way to enjoy the water for a family.
I thoroughly enjoyed the high-end European buffet breakfast while my wife & kids slept. I cannot recommend their restaurant for dinner due to limited menu & being overpriced for quality. However, the bar experience was thoroughly enjoyable for my wife & me, while the children loved the garden where pizza is served daily.
The highlight of the Tremezzo was the service. Every member of the staff was courteous & helpful; would take several of them home with me if I could've!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Italy - Lake Como