We spent the last 5 days of our honeymoon in this beautiful location and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a front facing Rooftop suite, that had spectacular views of beautiful Lake Como. Really, it is simply breathtaking. We found the service to be outstanding - from the porters, to the doormen, the front desk and the concierge (main desk and private concierge), wait staff, bar staff, and spa staff. The service is very warm and friendly, not stuffy at all. The staff made you feel like they knew and remembered you. We loved the main restaurant and ate dinner there twice. The service was excellent and our seafood entrees were wonderful. We were less enthralled with the Fondue restaurant; although probably just a preference. The quality was good, the wine list extensive and the service was very attentive and enthusiastic, so we enjoyed the experience itself. The amenities are plentiful at the hotel, making this an ideal place to decompress and relax. We loved the Pizza Restaurant and theTBar, where we enjoyed some wonderful lunches and probably too many glasses of wine and nightcaps. The service in the TBar was outstanding, we really enjoyed the staff there. We loved the beach location and floating pool. We were less enamored with the restaurant at the beach; although, it was Ok -- we just found the service and food was better in the other locations. The breakfast buffet is extensive and very good. We rented the spa suite on our last day, which was wonderful. Also recommend doing a boat tour on Ruy, their private boat. It's a wonderful and relaxing way to see the Lake. We will definitely be back again and again!
Our only suggestion to the hotel, is to consider smoking sections in the outdoor terrace seating areas. While we recognize this is Europe and many more people smoke there, than in the states, it would be lovely to enjoy a drink or a meal without being surrounded by cigarette smoke, which unfortunately happened nearly every time we were seated on the terrace. Several times we ended up moving inside, which was disappointing for us, since we were enjoying the scenery. Creating a section - or dividing the terrace a bit -wouldn't solve it entirely, but would allow smokers and non smokers access to the beautiful views, and might be a worthy consideration to ensure all have a wonderful experience in such an incredible location.
It's an expensive hotel, but in our opinion worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Italy - Lake Como