“Provided the most perfect setting for our wedding reception.”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tremezzina
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Well, what can I say. The Grand Hotel Tremezzo (GHT) welcomed my husband and I plus our guests on the 1st of September 2012 for our wedding reception.

As a gift, my parents paid for I to stay in the hotel the night before my wedding and then spend a the wedding night there with my new husband.

Before we even got to the hotel, Elena de Santis (the GM) and her whole team made planning a wedding from the UK so simple. Emails were quickly responded to and nothing was ever too much trouble. Things which I panicked about (table menus for example) had been sorted before I even had to ask.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were pleased to hear that I had been upgraded to a lake view room, and the reception staff discreetly went to get Elena for her to greet us herself. From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left we were treated as though family members.

The room was stunning and the views breathtaking. Everything you may need is available in the room, but if anything isn't there, the staff are ever so quick to bring you all you may need.

On the morning of the wedding, I woke up with no appetite at all due to the nerves which is a shame as the breakfast buffet looked simply amazing. Sat on the terrace taking in the views all I could manage was a croissant... and a glass of prosecco to calm the nerves!

The hotel's boat took myself, my father and my bridesmaid off to Villa Balbianello where the ceremony was being held, once again waved off by the lovely Elena. It also picked us up and took us on a detour as man and wife on the way back. Once there, a wonderful drinks and canapes was laid out and this gave us a taster of things to come. The food was absolutely beautiful, out of this world. The pasta was amazing so much so that everyone asked for second helpings, the fillet of beef melted in your mouth. And I did not think that I would be a lover of the wedding cake as this was a traditional Italian cake with lashings of cream but the pastry chef at the GHT is wonderful and I loved the cake so much so that I asked for it to be included on the breakfast tray for the breakfast in bed we had the following morning.

I simply cannot fault this hotel and the service we received. As I said, being a family run hotel, we really were treated as though we were members of the family. I would maybe have liked to have a bath tub in the bathroom, but hey, I know some rooms do have bath tubs and you don't go on holiday for a bath... This was not a problem at all.

Just wishing I could afford to go back every year for my anniversary.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are slightly more expensive, but definitely worth it for the views of the lake and B...
3  Thank TheBearCatcher
Valentina_De_Santis, Marketing Manager at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Ana & Craig,

we have so many reasons to thank you..
For this and all the others amazing reviews, for choosing our Grand Hotel for such a special celebration, for actually having been part of our family in those days, for sending us the beautiful memories and wonderful pictures of that unique day and for having been one of the most amazing GHT newlyweds ever!!
We will never forget the smiles on your faces and the happiness in your eyes... These are the biggest satisfaction that we can have for our work.

We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you every 1st of September of your life to celebrate together with you your special day.

Grand Hotel Tremezzo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Grand Hotel Tremezzo (GHT) is the perfect place to experience the paradise of Lake Como.
GHT has all the luxury and service of Villa d'Este (where I stayed several years ago), but it's much better located, about halfway up the western side of the lake, with exceptional views of Bellagio. (And, trust me, it's much better to look over at beautiful Bellagio than to stay in busy Bellagio!)

Because we booked only a month before our travel, we were assigned a park-view room, as there were no more available lake-view rooms, and we were not the slightest bit disappointed. Our room was really spacious with a large closet and a large beautiful marble bathroom. The decor was lovely, light and airy, and appeared fresh and unworn. We saved quite a bit of money without the lake view, and we loved our little balcony with a view of their beautiful back yard with swimming pools, tennis court, and gorgeous gardens.

We spent all day long looking at the lake, any way, and there is so much to do in the area. The ferry to Bellagio and other villages on the lake is just a short walk from the hotel, and the ride over to Bellagio takes only about 10 minutes. The Villa Carlotta with its famous botanical gardens is right next door. We took a nice boat tour of the lake with Luca from Bellagio water taxis, but we noticed the hotel actually has its own wooden boat available, too.

Breakfast at GHT is quite nice, with efficient, friendly service, and while you sip your coffee, you get to blink with sleepy eyes at the shimmering lake, with the hotel's floating pool bobbing gently every time a ferry passes.

And about that pool... it was the highlight of our stay on Lake Como. The pool is large enough for lap swimming and about 5-6 feet deep. The body of the pool is filled with fresh, chlorinated water, submerged in the lake, and surrounded by floating wooden decks that attach to the adjacent "beach" with two gangplanks. The pool water was chilly and refreshing, and we loved the delightful sensation of gentle waves in the pool every time boats passed by. We spent a heavenly afternoon sunbathing on huge bean bag loungers on the pool deck, dipping into the pool to cool off, and savoring a simple, delicious lunch on the little man-made "beach" by the pool.

I cannot recommend Grand Hotel Tremezzo highly enough. It's one of my very favorite places I've ever stayed anywhere in the world, and it's the right choice if you are looking for luxury on Lake Como.

Room Tip: If you're not determined to have a view of the lake, we found our park-view room to be outstandi...
12  Thank Cindy F

Dearest Cindy,

we feel so honored reading your amazing feedback about your stay with us at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo last season.
We are so happy that you loved your room and that you had a great time both exploring the beauties of Lake Como and enjoying the park and the pools of our Grand Hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon, we have so many surprises for you: a new collaboration with ESPA at our T Spa, a fully renewed restaurant and cocktail bar at our T Beach, and last but not list the new official rank as Five Star Deluxe!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Really liked this hotel. The view would have been terrific if it hadn't been raining and foggy. Excellent room decor and ambiance. Thanks for the truffles in the room. Great service. The only thing that could be improved is the free breakfast quality. Hope to stay here again when the weather is better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seery50

Dear Seery50,

thank you for your wonderful review!
Definitely you should come back to stay with us to experience the Grand Hotel Tremezzo with amazing sunny weather.
We are sure that you would love Lake Como even more...

Thank you also for your constructive feedback about the breakfast, your comment is very precious for us and we'll take it into consideration in order to improve the quality even more for next season.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to your home on Lake Como!
All the best,

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Our view- even in the fog- was amazing. This was the perfect place to recover from a sickness. The bathroom was nice. The staff was very polite and friendly. Nice ambiance. You take an elevator up to the main lobby from street level. We didn't feel the need to leave the hotel during our 24 hr Como-cation. The breakfast wasn't so great but that's my only negative. I can grab an egg mcmuffin. No biggie. I imagine I'll be back to see the lake during sunnier months one day. I'd stay here again. :) again- just a drop dead gorgeous place to stay. Very pleased. Free wifi!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear,

first of all we would like to thank you for the great comment you wrote here on Tripadvisor.
We are so glad that you loved everything about our Grand Hotel Tremezzo during your short stay on the lake.
We agree with you with the fact that you should come back soon, in order to experience some summer sunny weather on beautiful Lake Como and hopefully with much more time to explore the amazing beauties of this area!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently were married in Tremezzo and had the pleasure of holding the reception for our 23 guests at The Grand Hotel. I can't tell you how pleased we were with how it turned out. The staff at the Grand Hotel exceeded our expectations every step of the way. They were prompt to respond to all of our emails and were innovative in their planning to make our special day even that more special. Planning a wedding is difficult, but planning a destination wedding, in another county with a language barrier, in a place you have never visited is quite the task. The event coordinator and general manager helped us through the process every step of the way, even when it concerned choosing vendors outside of what the hotel had to offer. Not only was the hotel absolutely beautiful, but the food was outstanding as well. All of the guests raved, specifically about the wedding cake! Tremezzo is a magical place and will always hold a very special place in our hearts.

1  Thank Ashley P

Dearest Ashley,

what an incredible wedding yours have been!
On behalf of all the Grand Hotel Tremezzo family I thank you for all your kindness and amazingly beautiful words.
Marta, our Chef Patissier, is especially grateful for your special mention of her wedding cake. She has an amazing special touch but more than everything else she puts a lot of love in all her creations.
Be sure that you'll always have a special place in our hearts like the Grand Hotel Tremezzo will always have its special place in yours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many of your anniversaries!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I just came back from Lake Como and stayed at Grand Hotel Tremezzo. The hotel is absolutely amazing, a great sense a luxury. The staff is friendly and efficient, they know how to make you feel special. They always had a nice word for us, a good insider tips for our visits and restaurant. Overall, I was very impressed to see how this hotel is managed. I was expecting the best hotel on Lake Como, this hotel is actually the best I ever been in Italy. Such a convenient location, stunning view on Bellagio, new Spa with indoor pool overlooking the lake... From the breakfast room we could admire all the autumn colors (we went there in October).
The furniture looks brand new, unique, in a baroque and elegant style with a precious fabric.
I wish I could stay longer. I was lucky to be upgraded to their new Suite on the roof top (Corner Suite Jacuzzi) with its boudoir bathroom, huge and comfy bed in neutral and peaceful colors. I loved it. An unforgettable stay at Grand Hotel Tremezzo.

Room Tip: Ask for the Corner Suite 501
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eloelo

Dearest Madame Elo,

we are so happy to know that you had such a magic stay with us last Autumn!
Glad you literally fell in love with your Rooftop Corner Suite and that you appreciated all the care and attention from all our staff.
Actually the most important and precious reward for all of us here in Tremezzo is to have the confirmation from our beloved Guests that they felt special ... simply because they all ARE actually very special to us!

We are so honored to know that the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is the best hotel you've ever experience in Italy, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your fiancé back to Tremezzo soon. We are sure you would love also the blossoming Spring or the bright Summer here on beautiful Lake Como.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel ranks up there with the best in the world, and I have stayed at many of the Ritz Carlton Hotels amongst many others, and this property is fabulous. The staff were exceptional and made every guest fell important.
We were on a half board package and the table d'hote menu changed every night serving fantastic and varied Italian food.
Would I go again? Certainly and will do so again next year.
Jeffrey Vicarioli

Room Tip: Ask for a lake side view, just sensataional
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Mr Vicarioli,

what a pleasure for us to read your fantastic review about our Grand Hotel here on Tripadvisor!
We are so happy to know that we managed to make your stay with us perfect and that you fell in love with this amazing and very special spot on Lake Como.
We are especially glad that you felt in every moment very important and very special: this is the most important and precious reward for us because this means that we really managed to give to our beloved Guests like you our real sense of hospitality and service.
For sure we strive to reach the top international standard for luxury service like the big hotel chains, but we especially care of being stick to our unique tradition and history, typical only of individual and family property like us.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you for the next season, many wonderful news are already waiting for you in order to surprise you even more in occasion to your second visit to Tremezzo!

Grand Hotel Tremezzo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni
Royal Victoria
Royal Victoria
#1 of 6 in Varenna
Filario Hotel & Residences

Been to Grand Hotel Tremezzo? Share your experiences!