Well, what can I say. The Grand Hotel Tremezzo (GHT) welcomed my husband and I plus our guests on the 1st of September 2012 for our wedding reception.
As a gift, my parents paid for I to stay in the hotel the night before my wedding and then spend a the wedding night there with my new husband.
Before we even got to the hotel, Elena de Santis (the GM) and her whole team made planning a wedding from the UK so simple. Emails were quickly responded to and nothing was ever too much trouble. Things which I panicked about (table menus for example) had been sorted before I even had to ask.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were pleased to hear that I had been upgraded to a lake view room, and the reception staff discreetly went to get Elena for her to greet us herself. From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left we were treated as though family members.
The room was stunning and the views breathtaking. Everything you may need is available in the room, but if anything isn't there, the staff are ever so quick to bring you all you may need.
On the morning of the wedding, I woke up with no appetite at all due to the nerves which is a shame as the breakfast buffet looked simply amazing. Sat on the terrace taking in the views all I could manage was a croissant... and a glass of prosecco to calm the nerves!
The hotel's boat took myself, my father and my bridesmaid off to Villa Balbianello where the ceremony was being held, once again waved off by the lovely Elena. It also picked us up and took us on a detour as man and wife on the way back. Once there, a wonderful drinks and canapes was laid out and this gave us a taster of things to come. The food was absolutely beautiful, out of this world. The pasta was amazing so much so that everyone asked for second helpings, the fillet of beef melted in your mouth. And I did not think that I would be a lover of the wedding cake as this was a traditional Italian cake with lashings of cream but the pastry chef at the GHT is wonderful and I loved the cake so much so that I asked for it to be included on the breakfast tray for the breakfast in bed we had the following morning.
I simply cannot fault this hotel and the service we received. As I said, being a family run hotel, we really were treated as though we were members of the family. I would maybe have liked to have a bath tub in the bathroom, but hey, I know some rooms do have bath tubs and you don't go on holiday for a bath... This was not a problem at all.
Just wishing I could afford to go back every year for my anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Italy - Lake Como