By the way, the drive to Tremezzo is very doable. So many people have said it's scary, but it's not. Yes, it's narrow and yes it's windy, but, if you know how to drive, you will be just fine. It's a fun, slow drive from the Como Nord exit to the hotel, so don't stress for no reason. The hotel itself is right on the water, with the main road (Via Regina) separating the main structure from the pool in the Lake. The weather on day 1 did not cooperate, but we made the most of it by exploring the property and all it's beauty. We were in Como for 3 days and this was by far our favorite location simply because of the beauty of the area. The grounds of the hotel are stunning the interior of the hotel itself is opulent in a way, but mostly funky and eclectic with its red carpets and green and blue colored chairs in the bar. The setting for b'fast is to die for and actually the bar setting is just the same - tremendous views of the lake and neighboring towns on the eastern side. The service and staff at the bar were amazing with Rafael and Vincenzo being stand outs. The dinner at La Terazza was a bust for us overall so if you don't have to eat there in the evenings, go somewhere else. The pool in the back has great views of the mountains and peekaboo views of the lake. The T Bar by the pool does make okay pizzas, but honestly Azalea Pizza next door is a much better option at an even better price. The rooms at GHT are definitely small and dated, but that does not deter me from giving it 5 stars. The complimentary wifi did work very well for us, and the Lake View Room we had was worth the extra spend. Waking up in the am and sitting on your balcony was a fun way to start the day. Overall I would highly recommend GHT for a stay in Lake Como without hesitation. By the way, one of the things I noticed in this part of Italy is that 99.99% of the vacationers are retirees or people in that age group. It did not affect us at all, but was very noticeable and thus I am mentioning it simply for the fact that if you're looking for a fun, loud, cool, hip type place then Lake Como isn't it, and GHT is definitely not it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Italy - Lake Como